Ford Ranger coming back for 2016?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daily driver is a 2008 sport trac. It's a great truck. Full frame. V8. It fits in my small garage. The bed is smallish but works for the typical homeowner stuff I do. Plenty of room for stuff if I go on a road trip.

I have been keeping my eye on the Chevy Colorado. It's just a tad longer. I would really rather not by a GM product and would prefer a Ford. Hopefully the Colorado will do well enough that Ford will consider either the Ranger or another Sport Trac type truck.

More or less a Photoshop of the current Australian-built T6 Ranger: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_%28T6%29

Though I like the idea of Ford returning to the U.S. with a midsized pickup, I simply can't stand the styling. It looks like a Toyota Tacoma, and the general public are likely to treat it that way if sold here.

-Kurt

Back in 2002 I bought a Dodge Dakota simply because it was the only mid sized truck available with 4 doors, a V8, and would fit inside my garage. Now they are everywhere.

I miss having a truck mostly in the Spring, when I would get bulk mulch and just drive around the perimeter of the house and shovel it right onto all the beds as I went.

I now have a VW Touareg. Amazing car... 7,700 lb towing capacity with a V6. It pulls our boat like there's nothing back there.

We have both the Ranger and the Colorado here in Aus. By all accounts both are fine utes with the Rangers being slightly better appointed than the Colorado. They lose out to the VW Amarok in most regards including price here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they make it with a small diesel, they would sell a couple bajillion of them. That's a lot for those of you who are not into made up math!

Luke, that's good to hear. It seems like we (the U.S.) are way behind the curve on using small diesels. I really hope that changes soon.

Back