New Guy with 73 Ragtop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stok2

Reaction score
My Car
Restored 1973 Ragtop, 351 Cleveland
Hi All,

New guy to this forum, I have a 1973 ragtop. Almost completely restored, Just need to replace the top motor (or cylinders, not sure yet) and need a new radio. Any and all help will be great, I look forward to seeing all the cars on here.

73PassengerSideFull.JPG

WOW - Extremely nice 73 ragtop!

Curious - Do you still have the original wheels and caps/trim rings or covers?

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray
It had just the center covers, let me look around the garage. I don't think I do, but you never know.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray
It had just the center covers, let me look around the garage. I don't think I do, but you never know.
Oops Sorry, thanks you for the nice words........

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy from another 73 convertible owner. Great looking car! What's the top not doing?

Also, if you don't have subframe connectors, you should consider getting some.

Howdy from another 73 convertible owner. Great looking car! What's the top not doing?

Also, if you don't have subframe connectors, you should consider getting some.
The top is not going up/down with the switch. The motor and switch work, I think its either then lines or the cylinders. Not sure what the subframe connectors are.

Welcome from another 73 convert owner.

If you pull the back seat out, bottom and back, you can get to the hydraulic fill hole on the top motor/pump. Maybe just need fluid.

Welcome from SF Bay Area. I am also wrapping up a 73 vert restoration. I just wrapped up my sound system but it's a little to extreme for most of the forum members. My top hydraulic motor smokes sometimes almost like it's warming up from sitting for so long.

Welcome from West Virginia! What part of IN

Back