New Member with a '71 Vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71 gbvert

Reaction score
My Car
Bought it in 1986. Base model convertible with a 302 3spd.
Hello! Found this website awhile ago, and I am finally getting around to joining. I purchased this Grabber Blue convertible from the previous owner in Overland Park, KS in 1986. I was seriously missing my 1969 Champagne Gold Mach 1 at the time, and found this one at a Mustang car show. There is definitely something about a 71-73 Mustang convertible (and notchback and fastback..) that makes it very desirable. She actually had 2 identical Grabber Blue convertibles (true story!), but could only keep one, so she decided to sell the one with the manual trans, and keep the automatic. Since that, I've been collecting NOS parts while waiting for a friend to do the body work which didn't occur until about a year ago (that's a story in itself). Actually, somewhere in the past 40+ years, someone had done some of the panel replacements with OEM/NOS, so really the worst parts were the rocker panels. I didn't know whether to restore it, or make it faster, so I compromised - the body work is done (for the most part), and the drivetrain definitely feeds my need for quickness. I will try to post a few more pics later - I know how much pics are enjoyed here. Look forward to being here with you!

1971 Mustang.jpg

Welcome from another convertible owner. Convertibles are the best! I love that color. Mine is the original 73 ford light blue but yours has a little more 'pop' to it.

You are going to love this site. Great folks. Friendly atmosphere. Lots of help and knowledge.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes: I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time here, and learning quite a bit from everyone.

Hey from the Ozarks! Great looking Stang. Naperville means it's tough to find bad pizza near your house.
Thanks. And, yes - good pizza is readily accessible here.

Welcome from IL. I love the color. I'm currently restoring a grabber blue 72 Mach 1.

Back