Austin Vert Joins The Mach 1 Club!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to all,

Just wanted to pass on some good news, and announce that i've just bought a lovely 1973 Blue Glow Mach 1 Mustang for myself.:cool:

I consider myself very lucky and fortunate that this offer came along at just the right time so to speak. Over the last few months,

i had been looking around Australia to buy another classic car to use as a fill in to drive around and enjoy while my '73Vert is off the road

for several months during 2015, while i respray it myself at home. I had checked out a couple of cars up for sale, but they did not live up to expectations for one reason or another.

That's when i got a big surprise, and discovered by chance that Luke from our chat forum, had decided to sell his Mustang, and had just placed his ad in an Oz car magazine a couple of days prior. I contacted Luke, and then decided to pop up to his home city and look over the Mustang. Needless to say the car was a real beauty. Luke had been a very astute and wise purchaser himself in buying the Mach 1 for himself as it had all the credentials of being a real fantastic find. Some of those are ......... a genuine 19,0000 mile car, 3512v motor, tint glass all 'round, power windows all 'round, original motor, complete original interior in pristine condition, zero rust, paint that is in excellent condition, and the list goes on.

We talked through the purchase, and i decided to go ahead and buy it off Luke at a very fair price. May i say that it was an absolute pleasure dealing with Luke. He is a first class gentleman and a man of his word. Thank you Luke. So the upshot is that now i have become the new proud owner of the Mustang, and i'm sure that just like Luke, it will bring me much happiness

and pleasure owning the car. I'm even thinking of changing my forum name to Austin Mac'vert since there is some Scottish history in my family line from way back.:D I have provided a link below to the ad in the magazine showing a description and pics of the car.

Reference .............

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/search?current_page=1&urlname=&search_location_state=QLD&search_vehicle_type=CAR&search_type_make=FORD&search_type_model=FORD_MUSTANG&search_details_earliest_year=1973&search_details_latest_year=1973&search_details_lowest_price=&search_details_highest_price=&condition_search=&uselistview=false&keywords=What+are+you+looking+for%3F

If the link does not work, i will post some pics up myself.

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Lovely looking car and in amazing condition! The interior looks new. Congrats :).

Here's a pic for anyone that hasn't clicked the link:

1973_Mustang_zpsc6a41846.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the kind feedback guys thus far! No doubt about it, i'm a happy boy.

Hey Brett, many thanks, if you're ever up in Brissie, you'll have to drop in and check out the corral.:) I know one thing, and that's my bank account has taken a serious flogging.:p

Now! Where did i put that bucket of Panadol!:D:D:D

Greg.:)

Big Congrats!! Very nice car - one of my favorite factory colors.

But I hope Luke stays with us. Hopefully he'll find another car (71-3 Mustang soon.

Ray

CONGRATULATIONS Greg and kudos to Luke for apparently treating you (a fellow site member) well.

As the owner of a '73 Mach 1 and a '73 Grande, I have been thinking about acquiring a '73 Convertible...your post has just about helped me to make up my mind:).

Again, I am happy to hear the "deal" worked well for both of you guys.

BT

Back