A MeanMachine Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe
Built 306ci, Nitrous,
Modded C4, 9" rear w/4.57s
Just a quick hello and Happy New Year to fellow 71-73 Mustang owners. I've been an owner and a fan of these cars for a long time. Here's a pic of my '71 coupe, which is a never-ending project.

Some quick stats:

306 ci (10:1 comp)

Holley 750, Performer RPM Air Gap

Comp rollers, Lunati cam & springs

Ford Racing pulleys, MSD 6A

Long tube headers, 9" w/4.57s

B&M Holeshot & shift kit, NOS system

Flowmasters and weight reduction

WP_20141024_005-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy from Phoenix. How about some more pics? It looks like you did a cool interpretation of the hockey stick stripe.

I am curious about your avatar and what the hood scoop says too.

Good looking car for sure.

Thanks for the warm welcome and compliments all!

Will e, regarding the side stripes, they're my own creation. I wanted something different but also honored the original decal. As you can see, I shortened the stripe and tapered it into a flame. At the front, I put more of an angle to the vertical part of the stripe to better match the angle of the front of the fender. I like it.

My hood decals are also my own design. I used aircraft decals as my inspiration and created the 'arrow' above the scoops with the words 'ram air' inset. I complimented it with an engine displacement decal which reads 306N (the small 'N' indicates, to those who can recognize it, that the car has nitrous)

Lastly, the scoops themselves are complimented with 3M black carbon fiber and are subtle enough to blend in without drawing attention, but reflect nicely in the daylight.

Welcome from the Gulf Coast. Where in Alabama are you? Add yourself to the member map. You'll find it in the Fun Stuff on the header.

I like your overall design. Very nice! The black wheels set it off and I am going to keep that stripe design in mind if I ever want to update mine. Think I would end with the Mustang horse built into the end of it (I better practice my airbrushing so I could make it look chrome).

Latest posts

Back