Low gas prices under 2 bucks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
Not sure how long its going to last. I bought gas for 1.96 a gallon in the Detroit area yeaterday. What is going for in your state or country?

I am looking forward to watching MSU in the Cotton bowl today.

Go State.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
We had 1.78 per gallon for regular here in central Indiana yesterday.

I'm paying $2.50 for non-ethanol 87 gas, $2.75 for 89, and $3.00 for 93 Octane. I only run the ethanol junk when I travel and can't find the real stuff. We're lucky here that you can find "real" gas fairly easily.

Looks like San Antonio is the place to be! I'm seeing $1.70's gas on every corner with the lowest now at Murphy's is $1.65. One report I read said the lowest price gas in the nation is in Missouri so I'm waiting for show me state to show up!

Cheers!

JHawk

Ok let's see if this is correct, you guys in the U.S were paying around $4 a gallon for unleaded and now with the drop in oil prices, you guys are now paying $2 and under for a gallon of unleaded, making it around half price. Well here in lovely rip you off the best we can state of Queensland, Australia, we were paying around $1.60 a litre for unleaded at the height and now we are paying around $1.20 a litre for unleaded, making it around a quarter of the price cheaper, on top of that for premium (which I use in all my vehicles) add another 16 cents a litre more. This sounds about right for us over here, as soon as there is a whisper of something rising in price, bang straight up it goes to higher prices. When the price of things drop significantly, not only does it take forever to go down, but never goes down to near the levels it was before the price hikes and they call this the lucky country.

. . . as soon as there is a whisper of something rising in price, bang straight up it goes to higher prices. When the price of things drop significantly, not only does it take forever to go down, but never goes down to near the levels it was before the price hikes and they call this the lucky country.
Same here in the UK. They're very slow to bring the price down.

On the other side, when I lived in Brunei I was paying US$ 0.35 a litre for unleaded Brunei Shell. It was cheaper than bottled water!

Last edited by a moderator:
$1.89 to $1.99 in Phoenix, our daughter is in Nashville and they are $1.83 ish

Looks like San Antonio is the place to be! I'm seeing $1.70's gas on every corner with the lowest now at Murphy's is $1.65. One report I read said the lowest price gas in the nation is in Missouri so I'm waiting for show me state to show up!

Cheers!

JHawk
I payed $1.85 in here in mid Missouri the other day. It has still slowly been going down though. My 2500 truck cost less than $40 to fill up. That was awesome.

Back