Australia Vs New Zealand!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
I was just on a thread where a few Aussie guys were talking about New Zealand, (you know, that little island just next to the right of Australia!:D),and the conversation turned to accents.

For those who have had none or little exposure to Oz or Kiwi accents, here's your punishment!:p:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-ZmTqCb3c

Greg.:)

Haha. One thing I did learn when traveling (and at home) is never guess if they are from either country. You will get it wrong and it can piss them off. I just say 'Hey, you are from below the equator! where are you from?'

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. One thing I did learn when traveling (and at home) is never guess if they are from either country. You will get it wrong and it can piss them off. I just say 'Hey, you are from below the equator! where are you from?'
Yeah Will, that's a good point!:D It reminds me of running into Canadian folk and asking them what part of America do you come from!:p:p

Greg.:)

First let me start by saying I don't hate New Zealand it is a beautiful place, its new Zealanders I despise :D

However they are clever buggers. I bet you didn't know they invented condoms by using the lower intestine of sheep. I just took an Aussie to point out it would be better if it was taken out of the sheep.

These show the accents well

NZ

One on my favorite shows was the NZ production "Flight of the Conchords". The parts with their encounters with Australians always cracked me up:

One on my favorite shows was the NZ production "Flight of the Conchords". The parts with their encounters with Australians always cracked me up:

Fantastic show! I remember Paul Hogan had a skit on his old show on how to speak Australian. Might be where Foster's got their marketing scheme.

Bested by the humble/terrible Bindi.

2ynez6e.png
[/img]

From my experience it's compulsory for Kiwi's to say "aye" after every sentence. 20 years ago I shared a house with 10 Kiwi's and I could hardly understand a word. They talked super fast too.

Back