Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlowry809

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hello my name is Josh.

I have a 1971 Mach 1 project that I recently bought from a coworker and here is the history so far. I bought it for 6k and was told it had the original 302 that was rebuilt and a rebuilt C4. Also was told minimal bodywork had been done. I knew there was some rust in the driver quarter and wheel well.

I yanked the motor and found out its a 289 with 302 heads. The cylinders were shot so I picked up a Mcode 351 Cleveland to rebuild. I got some money back from my coworker too.

I also ended up finding a ton of rust in the driver quarter so I am replacing the skin and fender well in a week or two.

I plan on doing a complete restore and hopefully will have it Show ready by summer.so

Welcome from Las Vegas!

Hello my name is Josh.

I have a 1971 Mach 1 project that I recently bought from a coworker and here is the history so far. I bought it for 6k and was told it had the original 302 that was rebuilt and a rebuilt C4. Also was told minimal bodywork had been done. I knew there was some rust in the driver quarter and wheel well.

I yanked the motor and found out its a 289 with 302 heads. The cylinders were shot so I picked up a Mcode 351 Cleveland to rebuild. I got some money back from my coworker too.

I also ended up finding a ton of rust in the driver quarter so I am replacing the skin and fender well in a week or two.

I plan on doing a complete restore and hopefully will have it Show ready by summer.so
if the seller disclosed not for sure on specs-ok-but to me what i read-you were directly lied to~a friend-hónest Abe~took you for a sucker. My guy for 2500 lied @ posi : 4.11 rear ~ toploader have to double shift from 1st to 2nd because was heavy duty out of a 429 motor hook up~from their most shops that worked on it are just lieing scumbags re: over in w. PA

Back