Rare 71 Q code 4 speed on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a pretty nice car. The seller must have heard you... there are now 24 pictures out there. The interior looks like it will need some love but other than that it looks good. He mentioned in the description that it does not have a fold down rear seat. The interior pictures show a fold down seat... may be a red flag... not sure.

Looks like a pretty nice car. The seller must have heard you... there are now 24 pictures out there. The interior looks like it will need some love but other than that it looks good. He mentioned in the description that it does not have a fold down rear seat. The interior pictures show a fold down seat... may be a red flag... not sure.
:huh:

I think the seller's reference to a fold-down seat was just a mention that car did not have it. I do not see a fold-down rear seat or any related hardware. It is also not indicated on the invoice.

$_57 (1).JPG

$_57 (2).JPG

BTW - car came with trim rings and caps - Magnums are not original to the car.

A really nice car for the money. Could use a nice detail but I'd be happy to own it.

Extremely rare. Remember the data in the pic below "FB" includes all Mach 1's and/or Sportsroofs for that engine/transmission combo.

1971 Q code Mustang breakout.JPG

Ray

:huh:

I think the seller's reference to a fold-down seat was just a mention that car did not have it. I do not see a fold-down rear seat or any related hardware. It is also not indicated on the invoice.

BTW - car came with trim rings and caps - Magnums are not original to the car.

A really nice car for the money. Could use a nice detail but I'd be happy to own it.

Extremely rare. Remember the data in the pic below "FB" includes all Mach 1's and/or Sportsroofs for that engine/transmission combo.

Ray
Hey Ray... I looked at pictures 20 and 21 of the 24 posted. I've never had one of our cars with a fold down rear seat but those pictures led me to my previous comments. School me please. Thanks Ray!

Hey Ray... I looked at pictures 20 and 21 of the 24 posted. I've never had one of our cars with a fold down rear seat but those pictures led me to my previous comments. School me please. Thanks Ray!
No offence taken but I'm not here to 'teach' - actually I'm here to learn as much as possible.

Please remember I have been wrong and have been forced to research and learn MUCH. Hopefully we can all learn and share the correct information about our cars. Even if someone has a heavily modded car, most still find it interesting to learn how the cars were assembled and offered.

To provide an example of what I have learned over the many years - here are a few pics of what the interior of a sports deck aka fold down rear seat looks like. (no package tray)

1971 Boss 351 fold down.jpg

1971 Mach 1 fold down.jpg

I'll try and find a few pics of the trunk view.

Ray

Ray

Hey Ray... you do a lot of teaching on this forum... that is why you are a tech advisor. Here are the pictures I was referring to. I clearly see the package tray in one of them. The seat and interior trim look the same as the pictures you posted. Thanks Ray for giving us all good advice and guidance.

uploadfromtaptalk1420431199175.jpeg

uploadfromtaptalk1420431212219.jpeg

At 16k I think someone got a good deal. I love the green exterior because t I am sure glad mine has black interior. I just couldn't do the green!

The thing that caught my eye about this Q Code was that it was sold at the dealership just a few blocks from my home here in St. Pete. Would have been nice if I could have claimed it as my own; but am looking elsewhere for the next 71-72.

Back