What to say? What to say?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'72 "mach" and a bunch of other stuff.
Me....just past mid 40's and still have my High School car.

It has not been on the road since 1987 when the engine went south.

I tried to do a total rebuild in 1990, but the body shop went out of business and I had to go get the car parts that remained by flashlight.

Tried again about 1998 and made good progress until the experience at the shop left. They asked me to pick up the car and 3 months later they were gone.

Every time I got under the car I got pissed due to the shoddy work they did, when in the beginning it was SO quality.

They got the engine and trans in as their last steps.......all of it has to come back out as they put a manual motor plate in front of an auto trans.

engine is a 351c block from a pantera.

trans is a C6 with a 1:1 final drive, for highway, but different first to help launch

I have a b&m blower for it along with the super street charger cam theat they recommended.

2v heads I stuffed 4v valves in......the stuff that was a good ideal 20yrs ago looking at alum heads now. I can't remember if we o-ringed the block.

Well that should get us started.

Thanks for having me

-RCA

Welcome from West Texas!

That sounds like a heckuva car... but it's too bad about the body shop fiasco. Why is it that I've heard SO many similar stories regarding body shops, anyway - one of my pals had to go through the same kind of hassle with his '70 Camaro... 3 times and 3 different shops!! They had messed up his car so bad that he wound up getting a "new" car, transferring all the good stuff he'd already done over to the "new" car, and let the other one go to someone wanting to build a race car.

Oh, and BTW:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

rofl

Based on your username, I'm guessing you're into R/C cars or planes? Or is it RC Cola? ;) :D Just havin' fun - we like to do that here.

howdy from Phoenix. I also have my 'high school' car (well, first year of College but close enough). Keep up the faith. You will be glad when you get it going again.

Welcome from West Texas!

That sounds like a heckuva car... but it's too bad about the body shop fiasco. Why is it that I've heard SO many similar stories regarding body shops, anyway - one of my pals had to go through the same kind of hassle with his '70 Camaro... 3 times and 3 different shops!! They had messed up his car so bad that he wound up getting a "new" car, transferring all the good stuff he'd already done over to the "new" car, and let the other one go to someone wanting to build a race car.

Oh, and BTW:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

rofl

Based on your username, I'm guessing you're into R/C cars or planes? Or is it RC Cola? ;) :D Just havin' fun - we like to do that here.
started with RC cars at 13

Expanded to RC motorcycles, planes, helis and quads

RC went on to he back burner when I started getting into real cruising bikes.

http://s135.photobucket.com/user/rcadd1ct/library/garage%20hell

http://s135.photobucket.com/user/rcadd1ct/library/Blue%20Truck?sort=3&page=1

truck needs a new tune after the new blower. The dyno sheets were the baseline when I picked it up.

Thanks everyone. I hope to learn a lot.

-RCA

Back