1971 Mach I Porsche

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Last edited by a moderator:
Its a nice looking car but these are the things that I see wrong with it:

* Doesn't appear to have a trap door into the trunk, in fact it appears to be missing the whole bukhead as I can see the rear tail light assembly.

* The motor doesn't appear to be a Cleveland. Looks like the intake has water passages. I can't tell for sure.

* The fold down rear seat has issues or needs some serious aligning. The passenger side appears to be falling down as it is not being braced by the Qtr panel.

* Missing the urethane filler on passenger side rear bumper. You can see the 2 mounting holes for it.

* Gas cap installed wrong.

* Black 0n the hood appears incorrect,

As mentioned no underneath shots so probably issues there too.

Edit:

Looking at the rear Qtr's the passenger side may have been replaced with a 73 one. If you look at the driver side rear the gaps are alot smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep - what happened to the M-code motor? Sure looks like a 302 or 351W now.

The hood paint is very incorrect and stands out like a sore thumb.

The gloss black lower body paint really needs a pinstripe at least to look close to being right.

Terrible body alignment gaps, missing woodgrain inserts on door panels, missing radio knobs, broken/missing end to turn signal actuating stalk, fold down door... ugh.

With the availability of urethane front bumpers we will start seeing more Mach 1's with chrome front bumpers. :(

-way too many mods for me. Simple things look unfinished.

Looks like a flipper realized how much money he'd spent and decided to just patch and sell as-is.

I would be very leary of the paint/bodywork since few details addressed.

Ray

Back