Jimglo Open Trailer Ordered

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang Mach 1, 429CJ, J Code SOLD 3/2016

1971 Boss 351 Mustang
Medium Yellow Gold
From Kim Miller Collection
I ordered a Jimglow 2015 trailer last week as a present to myself. I will be retiring from my job as a hostage negotiator for Houston PD. After a little over 39 years it is time to enjoy whatever good years I have left here on the planet. I had a great career and will miss being where all the action is with all the great people I served with.

I needed the trailer to transport my car to my hometown in north Texas where my 90 year old father lives. He loves going to car shows and I wanted to be able to include him close to his home.

Now for a little bad news depending on how loyal you are to Ford. I have always liked the early Camaro's as my very first car was a 67 RS Camaro with a 327 2V. I was given this car by my parents after my Mother got it new then my sister got it then I finally got the keys. I ended up trading it for my first new car, a gold glow 72 Mach 1.

My wife saw a black with white stripe 69 SS RS Camaro at a car show last year. She brought it up a couple weeks ago and asked me what kind of car it was. At the time she asked she didn't know what kind of car it was. She said it was a car that she thought would fit her and wanted me to start looking for the right car for her in the next couple of years as she is getting ready to retire too. By the way, we have been together all this time (41 years) which is pretty rare for a police officer.

I moved to Houston in 1975 with my wife to go to the police academy. I put a trailer hitch on our 72 Mach 1 and rented a U-Haul trailer to bring what little we owned to Houston. So, I arrived to work my first day in that Mustang. I plan to drive my last day, January 16, 2015, in my 1971 429CJ Mustang Mach 1.

I don't think it could be any better than this for me! Here is a picture of a similar trailer. They are all custom made.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story and the trailer is VERY nice. Enjoy retirement. If you are at all like many of us, you will need to find something to keep you busy, hobbies projects etcetera. As for the Camaro, we are a pretty tolerant bunch here. Chevy speed secret, paint the engine Ford blue and gain 10 HP.:p Chuck

Congrats and good choice on the trailer. They make some really nice quality stuff

Congrats on moving to the the best years of your working life. The non-working ones! Someday I hope to make it there myself. Nice story. +1 to C9's comment we are a tolerent group for the other makes, just remember to keep it as the wifes car. Also, congratulations to your many years with your wife.

Hey Mike,

I hope you enjoy your last day today as an HPD dude in your kick-ass Mustang. Have fun with it!

Coincidentally, I was up at 4:am this morning with my Mustang shooting a scene for a movie being filmed here locally.

Mustangs and Camaros can live together. Go for it.
Yes they can! I have a '72 Camaro sitting right next to my '72 Mustang! They love each other!

Jhawk
::beer:: But be careful on the "love" part. Their offspring may have funky front suspension, an overly common drivetrain and rust holes three months after delivery. Did somebody say "Picture?"

Great story and the trailer is VERY nice. Enjoy retirement. If you are at all like many of us, you will need to find something to keep you busy, hobbies projects etcetera. As for the Camaro, we are a pretty tolerant bunch here. Chevy speed secret, paint the engine Ford blue and gain 10 HP.:p Chuck
+1 :D

Mustangs and Camaros can live together. Go for it.
Yes they can! I have a '72 Camaro sitting right next to my '72 Mustang! They love each other!

Jhawk
:)

They already 'share' power steering stuff. I would love to own a 71 Z-28 and I would park it next to the Boss... :cool:

Ray

The movie is filming here now and stars William Russ and Amy Jo Johnson. They were both very nice and complimentary.

But...that seems very close to expressing a personal opinion so I think I won't comment on it further.

But thanks for asking!

Very cool. I want one! Where in North Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I grew up in a small country town...Sadler, TX. Population 300. Lived on a smal farm in the country. Wanted to be a police office since I was 15. It's what probably kept me out of trouble. I knew I had to be good or would not get hired.

I was destined to work in a big city where I survived every day and managed to make it back to the house after every shift. As you know some are not so lucky.

Thank you to everyone who commented. My last day I did drive my Mach 1 and the drive home after my last shift accomplishing my goal of arriving to work on June 9, 1975, in a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 then leaving on my last day, January 16, 2015, in a 1971 Mustang Mach 1.

I can't stop smiling!

Signed,

Retired Sergeant

Houston Police

Please support the blue, they are there for you. I know we have some active and retired LEO's on here, my hat is off to you.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back