Hi from Vancouver, Canada

NewAgeMuscle

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam, I am a 17 year old from Vancouver, Canada and am fortunate enough to be the owner of a '72 Convertible which I purchased in April with my Dad. I have looked around on this forum quite a bit while redoing the interior of my car, but have just decided to write my hello now :D The car has next to no rust, is an H-Code car with the original 351 Cleveland motor (though we are adding things like aussie heads in order to get more power) has a completely new interior/convertible top and is Bright Lime (which someday I hope to paint black).

If anyone has a picture/knows of an all black 7173 convertible with a mach grill and same colour bumper.....Let me know I've looked everywhere for a reference image. Thanks!

Also I know lots of the users on this forum love photos so here are a bunch:

23st1qo.jpg

30sgh04.jpg

egd4zs.jpg

qxjubn.jpg

The old interior

ofv6dt.jpg

The new interior

(TMI Sport R seats with the little chrome pieces from the original seats)

294tbh0.jpg

29a3o4.jpg

j909y0.jpg

sdd7xi.jpg

The process

swecl2.jpg

2a5m2ya.jpg

vieczs.jpg

-Adam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Nice looking convert. Keep the updates coming.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from eastern Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Hey, another new member with a convertible. Don't you just love the look of these!

I like the original color but all black is a good choice too. Basically these cars look good in pretty much any color you choose.

Regarding black examples. This one might not have everything you are looking for but it should give you some ideas and is just sexy as all get out:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cotm-consideration-72-vert

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam, I am a 17 year old from Vancouver, Canada and am fortunate enough to be the owner of a '72 Convertible which I purchased in April with my Dad. I have looked around on this forum quite a bit while redoing the interior of my car, but have just decided to write my hello now :D The car has next to no rust, is an H-Code car with the original 351 Cleveland motor (though we are adding things like aussie heads in order to get more power) has a completely new interior/convertible top and is Bright Lime (which someday I hope to paint black).

If anyone has a picture/knows of an all black 7173 convertible with a mach grill and same colour bumper.....Let me know I've looked everywhere for a reference image. Thanks!

23st1qo.jpg

30sgh04.jpg

egd4zs.jpg

qxjubn.jpg

The old interior

ofv6dt.jpg

The new interior

294tbh0.jpg

29a3o4.jpg

j909y0.jpg

sdd7xi.jpg

The process

swecl2.jpg

2a5m2ya.jpg

vieczs.jpg

-Adam

for starters, u might want to buy this years caledar from lulu.com

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from Denmark.. :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Welcome from the Gulf Coast.

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Boy, your project has come a long way - she looks great! ::thumb::

Glad to have you aboard.

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Hey, another new member with a convertible. Don't you just love the look of these!

I like the original color but all black is a good choice too. Basically these cars look good in pretty much any color you choose.

Regarding black examples. This one might not have everything you are looking for but it should give you some ideas and is just sexy as all get out:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cotm-consideration-72-vert

Yes love the drop top they really make the "hump" stand out and thanks for the reference link :)

Hi Adam, and welcome from Brisbane, Australia!

Here's a few pics that might help you.

Greg.:)

Those are all very good looking stangs, none quite the dream car, but nonetheless they're helping me build that vision in my head thanks!

Hi Adam. Murray here. Glad you are on this site now. These guys offer an awsome amount of knowledge and encouragement. The car is looking awesome! It is in good,good hands!

Hey Murray! Yes everyone on this site seems to be very helpful and nice thank you for pointing me here when I bought the car. Got rid of that green interior like you recommended and I think it turned out great. Currently have it up on jacks in the garage and am cleaning the undercarriage as well as attempting to make it rust-proof with some products. Hope you, your wife and your charger are doing well!

-Adam

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is a link to one of our member's car.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-72-vert-january-2015-cotm-winner

1972_Ford_Mustang_zps110d07b0.thumb.jpg.2c2edc230ce21a6b8dd52b2296d87833.jpg

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Hi Everyone,

23st1qo.jpg

30sgh04.jpg

egd4zs.jpg

qxjubn.jpg

The old interior

ofv6dt.jpg

The new interior

294tbh0.jpg

29a3o4.jpg

j909y0.jpg

sdd7xi.jpg

The process

swecl2.jpg

2a5m2ya.jpg

vieczs.jpg

-Adam

Welcome from Latrobe-@pictures from you-from it in your staging area-profiles from good and not so good poiints-see my photo album for ideas and my descriptions on them- @300 pics at its best and worst vantage points. Having stock AC with upgrade to handle R42 cold juice to begin install come this Saturday.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Hi Adam. I quickly threw some black on a copy of your green image. Sorry it's a bit messy but it gives you an idea of the look you're after. How about black with the semi gloss stripes I know you have in the box. ;)

image.thumb.jpg.0fe81ef1b203717fd17f751b966dd329.jpg

Hi Adam. I quickly threw some black on a copy of your green image. Sorry it's a bit messy but it gives you an idea of the look you're after. How about black with the semi gloss stripes I know you have in the box. ;)

That looks awesome! Yes the semi gloss striping is a good idea. Also thanks for taking the time to colour that, it's basically exactly what I want.