Hi from Vancouver, Canada

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewAgeMuscle

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam, I am a 17 year old from Vancouver, Canada and am fortunate enough to be the owner of a '72 Convertible which I purchased in April with my Dad. I have looked around on this forum quite a bit while redoing the interior of my car, but have just decided to write my hello now :D The car has next to no rust, is an H-Code car with the original 351 Cleveland motor (though we are adding things like aussie heads in order to get more power) has a completely new interior/convertible top and is Bright Lime (which someday I hope to paint black).

If anyone has a picture/knows of an all black 7173 convertible with a mach grill and same colour bumper.....Let me know I've looked everywhere for a reference image. Thanks!

Also I know lots of the users on this forum love photos so here are a bunch:

23st1qo.jpg

30sgh04.jpg

egd4zs.jpg

qxjubn.jpg

The old interior

ofv6dt.jpg

The new interior

(TMI Sport R seats with the little chrome pieces from the original seats)

294tbh0.jpg

29a3o4.jpg

j909y0.jpg

sdd7xi.jpg

The process

swecl2.jpg

2a5m2ya.jpg

vieczs.jpg

-Adam

Hey, another new member with a convertible. Don't you just love the look of these!

I like the original color but all black is a good choice too. Basically these cars look good in pretty much any color you choose.

Regarding black examples. This one might not have everything you are looking for but it should give you some ideas and is just sexy as all get out:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cotm-consideration-72-vert

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Adam, I am a 17 year old from Vancouver, Canada and am fortunate enough to be the owner of a '72 Convertible which I purchased in April with my Dad. I have looked around on this forum quite a bit while redoing the interior of my car, but have just decided to write my hello now :D The car has next to no rust, is an H-Code car with the original 351 Cleveland motor (though we are adding things like aussie heads in order to get more power) has a completely new interior/convertible top and is Bright Lime (which someday I hope to paint black).

If anyone has a picture/knows of an all black 7173 convertible with a mach grill and same colour bumper.....Let me know I've looked everywhere for a reference image. Thanks!

Also I know lots of the users on this forum love photos so here are a bunch:

23st1qo.jpg

30sgh04.jpg

egd4zs.jpg

qxjubn.jpg

The old interior

ofv6dt.jpg

The new interior

(TMI Sport R seats with the little chrome pieces from the original seats)

294tbh0.jpg

29a3o4.jpg

j909y0.jpg

sdd7xi.jpg

The process

swecl2.jpg

2a5m2ya.jpg

vieczs.jpg

-Adam
for starters, u might want to buy this years caledar from lulu.com

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Does it get any better than a yellow convertible? I don't think so . :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Adam. Murray here. Glad you are on this site now. These guys offer an awsome amount of knowledge and encouragement. The car is looking awesome! It is in good,good hands!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Hey, another new member with a convertible. Don't you just love the look of these!

I like the original color but all black is a good choice too. Basically these cars look good in pretty much any color you choose.

Regarding black examples. This one might not have everything you are looking for but it should give you some ideas and is just sexy as all get out:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cotm-consideration-72-vert
Yes love the drop top they really make the "hump" stand out and thanks for the reference link :)

Hi Adam, and welcome from Brisbane, Australia!

Here's a few pics that might help you.

Greg.:)
Those are all very good looking stangs, none quite the dream car, but nonetheless they're helping me build that vision in my head thanks!

Hi Adam. Murray here. Glad you are on this site now. These guys offer an awsome amount of knowledge and encouragement. The car is looking awesome! It is in good,good hands!
Hey Murray! Yes everyone on this site seems to be very helpful and nice thank you for pointing me here when I bought the car. Got rid of that green interior like you recommended and I think it turned out great. Currently have it up on jacks in the garage and am cleaning the undercarriage as well as attempting to make it rust-proof with some products. Hope you, your wife and your charger are doing well!

-Adam

Back