X-Mas gift: Six Million Dollar Man DVDs

Guest Kit Sullivan

How about Simon and Simon or Riptide!! hehe

Rockford files has some good old driving parts..James was a heck of a driver ;)

Caught a little Starsky & Hutch other day...I do have to say it needed better theme music i think . lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, the memories! :)

To comment on a few things that have been posted above:

I loved (and still do) Nash Bridges. That show was solely responsible for the look my car has. When I first zapped into an episode I actually thought he was driving a 123 vert until I saw a shot of the complete car. For about 20 minutes I kept thinking "that must be the same car as mine".

When it came to redoing mine, it was a no brainer to have it painted yellow especially as it already had a white interior.

BTW, I´ve had people go nuts on a few occasions because they were mistaking my car for a "Nash Bridges car" and had their pictures taken with it.

Someone mentioned "Miami VIce".... Well, that has not aged well. It worked back then because it was totally hip and in fashion but what used to be cool back in the days makes it look very cheesy today, believe me. I saw an episode last year and it almost made me cringe. Jan Hammer´s music is still kinda cool though.

There is a German TV station that reruns all that stuff in the afternoon.

The current afternoon program is:

Matlock (I´m still not old enough for that. Very cheesy) followed by

Kojak (still extremely cool to watch) then

Walker, Texas Ranger (which really sucks, but, hey, would you tell Chuck Norris he sucks?!?) :)

After that it´s Renegade ( I still look better with long hair than Lorenzo Lamas. :)

It still makes for a fun nostalgic afternoon when the weather is bad and you got nothing to do.

They used to show The Streets of San Francisco which was also cool to watch and of course the classic, always brilliant and most accurate documentary on the life of a married man: Married with Children.

Some shows simply age better than others, I guess.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Watching shows that you loved as a child should be banned. It can be just too much. I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from a teeter-totter at the drive-in movie then didn't see it again until I had kids of my own. I'm still damaged after discovering Willy Wonka is Gene Wilder. LOL

OK, so Adam-12 and TJ Hooker were mentioned as decent cop shows, as well as comments about the "disco-esque" theme music for the various shows from the time.

But nobody's mentioned my favorite cop show with the disco motif hard-wired into every aspect: CHiPs

Man, I love that show... and if I'm flippin' through one of the "TVLand" kind of channels and see an episode playing, I will stop everything and watch it - I don't care it there's only 5 or 6 minutes left to go.

Disco aside, it was well done, not too incredibly cheesy (although, I think it was winding down when Ponch had a "close encounter" during one episode in the last season), and never failed to deliver during the crash and chase scenes. Watching that show as I was growing up, I seriously considered wanting to become a motorcycle cop (I even remember a few of my buddies riding our bikes in formation and 'patrolling' the neighborhood - LMAO)... but fortunately, that never happened (after talking to several I know - you REALLY have to want to do that, after all).

Adam-12 is a real cop show. T.J. is fluff - but entertaining fluff, as is CHiPs. Estrada's corniness is just endearing enough (even though he was a complete arse backstage) to make the whole show entertaining through the good parts and bad.

Which was that bad CHiPs episode? Close encounter? Something like that episode of the Dukes with the alien?

Someone mentioned "Miami VIce".... Well, that has not aged well. It worked back then because it was totally hip and in fashion but what used to be cool back in the days makes it look very cheesy today, believe me. I saw an episode last year and it almost made me cringe. Jan Hammer´s music is still kinda cool though.

Vice's worst problem was its blatant desire to be cool. Every scene of the show seems to be a badass-stare-down contest with someone or something.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Guest Kit Sullivan

I liked "Simon and Simon" the first couple years. Never cared for "Riptide" or "Kojack". Absolutely HATED "CHiPs"!

"Knight Rider" stayed pretty true to its original concept until the last season with the stupid "Super Pursuit" mode...and who decided Michael Knight needed a punkass street-thug on a lame dirt bike as a partner? Weren't KITT ( I just like that name for some reason...) and Michael the unbeatable duo? Why did they need urban-dude on scooter?

I also have a fondness for the generally pretty-bad rip-offs of better shows:

Street Hawk ( KR on a bike)

Highwayman ( KR in a truck/ helicopter)

Thunder in Paradise ( KR in a boat...with Hulk Hogan!)

My wife cannot seem to understand why. I have to havd a 70" TV, Blueray player and rockin' home theater sound just to watch old, faded and blurry mono-soundtrack DVDs of old TV shows!

That's OK..."Modern Family", "Justified", "Longmire"( Katee Sackoff...yowza!) and "The League" all look good on that TV...