CUSTOM HOOD ON THE CAR--PICS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Plus, I think it just added 20 more HP! :D

Scott... I'm back! Je!!

I have to complement again your work... I'm

Not a modifier myself but when something looks factory, it is a good Job...

Did you post something about the colour youre gonna choose?!

That does look good.To bad you can't buy those .
FastE...You can buy 1...aftermarket mach hood..$319.00 aftermarket shelby hood http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.aspx?p=HD44&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=shopping $554.00 So just the parts=873.00 plus shipping...Then my labor to make it happen CORRECTLY...$1500.00 plus materials..

LOL it looks cool but I think I'll just stick with my $319 hood...
I hear That WM..If I didn't happen to have those vents..The stock oem hood would be on there..!

That really did turn out GREAT!
Thanks C !

Great job:D How much to you think you dropped under hood temp?
Thanks N2O....Not sure on numbers...But we can do an experiment once she's on the road.

looks great turned out great
Thanks CBS !

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really cool, excellent work!

2 questions: are the vents Fiberglas? How well does the aftermarket hood fit?

NICE WORK GETTING THE FITTMENT. DONT KNOW IF ITS MY STYLE, BUT LOOKS GOOD. WISH I LIVED IN YOUR AREA TO BE ABLE TO GET THAT KIND OF LABOR RATE.
Thanks Pappy ! Most Collision shops charge 50.00 to 75.00 PH..Unless of course your doing insurance work or drp work..You know that game..The only winner is the insurance co...But some guys like to be told how to fix a car & what there going to be paid...In essence it's having a partner with no investment..don't get me started about insurance co's..I figure about 40 hours into the hood to do that vent job up till prime..What people only look at or think is involved is the time you spend actually doing the work..They fail to realize that there are overhead costs involved .. Plus the persons knowledge & expertise. You get what ya pay for & these days alot of times you don't even get what you should !

That does look good.To bad you can't buy those .
FastE...You can buy 1...aftermarket mach hood..$319.00 aftermarket shelby hood http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.aspx?p=HD44&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=shopping $554.00 So just the parts=873.00 plus shipping...Then my labor to make it happen CORRECTLY...$1500.00 plus materials..

I already have over 900.00 in my hood (the original had some rust issues under the latch) it was an NOS,that's not counting being painted twice.So I will have to hang on to it.The sad thing is, I still do not like the way the flat black looks.It is correct demension wise,with the correct over spray under the hood but you can see where the spray does not match from side to side.One of these days I will find someone who can do it right. I will bring mine to you for paint.I need someone with the love of these cars !

That looks really cool, excellent work!

2 questions: are the vents Fiberglas? How well does the aftermarket hood fit?
Don..Yes the vents are fiberglass (oem 68 shelby vents) The aftermarket hood fits pretty darn nice..I may need to add material to the back edges in order to get what I'm after gap wise..& I also noticed the hood scoops may need a tad of tweaking but in the big picture for the average guy one of the nicest after market pieces I've seen. I bought it from mustangs unlimited.

Here ya go..still more to do...But you get the idea dancebanana
the cost and where can i have that done to replace my NASA hood in either stock glass or carbon fiber to be fitted on a little off frame to fenders and open like @ mid 70s stingrays?

the cost and where can i have that done to replace my NASA hood in either stock glass or carbon fiber to be fitted on a little off frame to fenders and open like @ mid 70s stingrays?

AND

Can an after market 69 shelby w/strong hinges be made to fit on a slightly out of dimension 72 conv?mustang dynasty

I can make you what ever you want..You can't just buy it..It has to fabricated hand made.

Yes a 69 Shelby hood can be made to fit adapted if you wanted that type of work usually goes by the hour at the rate of 50.00 per hour plus materials

Back