New member from California with 71' Grande.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
I'm new to the forum, I've owned the grande for about 10 years. The car had been sitting unused for about 15 years when I bought it. I wrenched on it enough to get it drive able, then promptly tore all the drive train out of it and had the engine and transmission rebuilt. The cleaveland is now stroked with CHI heads, the FMX was rebult with a larger servo and different clutch material to put up with the engine. The 9" is now 31 spline with a torque biasing differential and I have big SN 95 brakes front and rear. When I got the car I went gangbusters on it for about a year... Then the wife and I had kids and built a house which slowed the progress on the car to a halt. At least the house has an awesome garage for the project to progress in.

So now life has settled down enough that I am going to dive into the car again.

I need to weld in subframe connectors, do a little repair to the front cross member and put all the front suspension back together again once I decide what I'm going to do for upper control arms, shocks and springs. After that I need to get a new brake booster and put the new master cylinder on along with lines and hoses. I'm trying to get all that done in two months or less so I can have a rolling chassis with brakes again.

Rolling chassis = paint.

Paint will be original medium brown metallic.

My goal is to have it driving (not complete) within a year.

We'll see how that goes...

Peter

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees pics, I would like to see this one, because mine looks yours!!! Anyway, same color (#3564-A).

Vinyl roof?

Welcome from France :)

Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas!!! ::welcome::

Welcome from Phoenix. I am happy for you that you started working on it again. It will be a long haul but the first time (and every time after that) you start it up and drive it will make it all worth it.

Welcome from Colorado. Pics would be nice.

Back