Mustang wiring extra's.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
John " jobo" pointed out some diffrent wiring set up my car had that his did not, i figured it was mostly for the power windows. I have not traced them down yet, but figured if i posted them here, some one who restored there's mite of already done the trace work ;)

Jeff does your fully loaded demo car got the same wiring?

Extra wires close to the solinoid mounted on the firewall, and a little box with some plugs right next to the master cil.

P1160064.JPG

P1160060.JPG

P1160061.JPG

It may be for the electric windows. I do know my 71 has electric windows and it has the same wiring and relay. My 73 is Manuel windows and it does not have either those wires and relay.

Tim

The relay in the LH shock tower is the Power Window Relay". Sometimes they refer to it as the Power Window Safety Relay. the large black wire on the screw is the power feed. And its feeder is the circuit breaker mounted next to the starter solenoid.

The relay in the LH shock tower is the Power Window Relay". Sometimes they refer to it as the Power Window Safety Relay. the large black wire on the screw is the power feed. And its feeder is the circuit breaker mounted next to the starter solenoid.
Cool and thanks!! save me the time of wiring chasing;)

Hi Judge,

I am building up electric windows for my 71 Mach1.

I have the wiring harness from a 72 Mach 1 which had electric windows and now I also managed to get the electric window components from that very car.

Problem is that I do not know which cables ( under the dash board ) are the ones I will take to the front doors and quarter windows. Do you happen to have the color codes for the wires ?

Thank you very much !

Back