New Wheels on my bike!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

I just installed some new chrome rims on my motorcycle. It seems everyone today is into the black "murdered-out" look...I still think a nice chrome wheel makes the whole vehicle look just that much more awesome! (car, truck or bike!)

023.JPG

034.JPG

035.JPG

028.JPG

Last edited:
I just installed some new chrome rims on my motorcycle. It seems everyone today is into the black "murdered-out" look...I still think a nice chrome wheel makes the whole vehicle look just that much more awesome! (car, truck or bike!)
Nice.

Loved my roadie. Many miles and only issues was the stupid passing light mounts.

My HD is blacked out, though. Easier to keep clean.

Nice.

Loved my roadie. Many miles and only issues was the stupid passing light mounts.

My HD is blacked out, though. Easier to keep clean.
I always found gloss and chrome easier to keep nice than matte and wrinkle like on some bikes, but that's just me, water marks on the black cases used to shit me to tears. I rode everyday regardless of weather and always kept it as clean as I could. Now the rider well that's a different story lots of damage too the presentation ;)

Cool colour bike Kit and the wheels suit it

Nice ride, Kit! ::thumb::

Dang, that thing's got some cannons for exhaust, eh? ;) :D

I just picked up a project: 1985 Suzuki GV1200 Madura. It's been in a storage unit since 2002, and wasn't exactly kept pristine before it was stored, so I'm sure I have my work cut out for me. I'll pretty much just restore it and ride occasionally. It belonged to a good friend of mine who passed away last summer, and his wife needed the money.

It has chrome spokes, and I too, prefer chrome, metal, or painted rims that contrast with the tires... but on the right application, black wheels can look good.

Kit your bike looks great - really like the paint job.

Ray
Thanks! Actually, that is the stock paint job. Yamaha used the "waterslide" paint transfer method, all under the clearcoat.

There are tiny little barely-visible ghost-flames in the design too in the black portions of the paint. I get a lot of compliments from people who think it is a custom paint-job. Even from Harley guys on rare occasions!

2010 Raider pix 026.jpg

I prefer the chrome look over the blacked out look, but respect those have their own preference. I guess growing up in the 50's and 60's gets you hooked on chrome. Our generation should be called the Chrome Generation instead of Baby Boomers! :D

Back