Button/Switch under GloveBox

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
I'm always surfing on the internet looking at 71-73 stangs, just to see what's out there.

In a few of them, they have what looks like a switch under the left side of the glove box.

Does anyone know what this is?

Untitled.png

if you are talking about the knob, on the left side, its the fresh air control, you pull it for fresh air, and close it to recirculate the air in the cabin.

there are 2 knobs, one on the drivers side, and one on the passengers side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the pull cables are for cars without A/C. I think you could pull it halfway and it would allow air from the cowl to come out the dash vent, pull it all the way out and it just blows on your feet.

Works great if the car's moving...

Yes, the pull cables are for cars without A/C. I think you could pull it halfway and it would allow air from the cowl to come out the dash vent, pull it all the way out and it just blows on your feet.

The vent on my 73 works just the opposite, halfway blows on feet and all the way blows out of the dash vents. It does work well when the car is moving. The first time I use the vents each spring a lot of dust comes out ;)

The vent on my 73 works just the opposite, halfway blows on feet and all the way blows out of the dash vents. It does work well when the car is moving. The first time I use the vents each spring a lot of dust comes out ;)

Mike, mine works like yours, 1/2 way is the vents, and all the way out blows on the feet.

Back