What do you think of this Vert?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a vert for $26,640. What are your thoughts? Bit over priced? That paint job looks interesting.

http://www.erclassics.com/Ford-Mustang-classic-car-for-sale-1102.php#footer2

photo_76981.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the left side of deck lid is off as well as the front right is out. Just had a good buff as you can see some sediment compacted in the emblems. The interior needs some tlc. Looks like the seat hinge covers are worn or peeling. Looks like some stone chips on the front end. Didn't look at all of the pics. From what I can see its a bit overpriced...

Looks like paint overpay on some of the moldings. Also no such thing as a Mach 1 convertible. May be a fair price for Holland, but overpriced for here in the states in my humble opinion.

The stripes look ultra weird to me and then with the incorrect lower body black paint just looks a little jacked up. Something just looks strange.

That VIN stamping on the bracket or cross member?????????? (sorry - pics not showing large on this monitor...)

Ray

I haven't seen the VIN stamping you mention but there is an explanation for that.

In Europe, most countries want a VIN that is visible but not removable, so the VIN in the dashboard has no meaning whatsoever.

So they will stamp it into an integral part of the body structure, usually under the hood.

Mine is stamped into the driver side shock tower.

Looks like someone did an okay non-original 'restoration'. A little over priced for the US but the cars are easier to find here. In Holland that might be a great deal on a hard to find car.

I haven't seen the VIN stamping you mention but there is an explanation for that.

In Europe, most countries want a VIN that is visible but not removable, so the VIN in the dashboard has no meaning whatsoever.

So they will stamp it into an integral part of the body structure, usually under the hood.

Mine is stamped into the driver side shock tower.
::thumb::

Thanks Mike. Makes sense.

Ray

Well, I like it. Like MeanMachine, I'm a fan of the Enkei EK-26 "Saw Blades" myself... I had some friends that went with 'em on their late '80s Nissan pick-ups (slammed 'em, too). Pretty cool! I'd probably toss on a different set of rims & tires, though... probably something in the 17" range.

Nothing wrong with the stripes on the side - it's not trying to be a Mach 1 or anything (even though the seller seems to think so :rolleyes: ).

Good lookin' car - I'd buy it for the right price. ::thumb::

For the US I think its a bit overpriced. In Europe probably ok assuming the costs to ship it over and probably the inspections that it would have to go through. Only thing that stuck out to me was the front bumper is red and the front fender lower black treatment just doesn't blend right for me.

Back