Decent 72 Maverick Grabber Okla car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray,

I ordered one in 71 it was grabber green and had pretty much everything but air and rear window defogger. V-8 came out in 72 mine was a 6 but I ordered the H.D. suspension and that gave you 5 lug wheels and the 8" rear that cost $10.00 more. My dad had a 70 that cost less than $2,000 had air, 200 6 straight drive and mine was just over $3,000 with all the options. It is sitting beside the barn rusting away. I think dad put like 220,000 on his and gave to my sister and mine had 185,000 when the automatic trans started to act up and I just parked it. Never changed the fluid in it. I wish you could buy them now for that price and the quality was not an issue for me. I drove mine across the U.S. and back in 9 days once with no issue. I did another cross country that was over 9,000 miles and ran it through Death Valley wide open at 97 mph and it was fine. There was no daytime speed limit in Montana and Nevada back then.

David

Interesting story. You have some neat cars.

Just noticed this Maverick sold for $8500! What a buy! I really like the blue color on that car!

Ray

Back