• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tilt column

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I too am looking for one but man are they expensive. You better be sure they have every piece from the firewall to wiring. I saw a NOS turn signal for tilt the other day I think it went on eBay for over $150.00. I have a 73 Mach 1 with tilt and leather wheel. I have not seen another leather wheel anywhere. It is like new.

I just purchased a 73 vert and wanted to put one in it but think I will pass. I have found one for $750.00 that was missing a couple parts. I had ran an add in Atlanta and got a reply for someone there that restores Mustangs mainly Boss 351 and he had one. I will go look for his email and send to you.

My Mach also has power windows and they are also expensive and you better get everything with them also. The glass is even different with power windows. Lots of little brackets and wire channels.

Let me know what you find.

Good luck,

David

Ok went back to old emails and the answer to me was through a cl post so I do not have his email but have asked for him to send.

YOU DO KNOW THE ONLY YEAR THAT WORKS FOR YOU IS 73? 71 / 72 is different. I do not know exactly what is different but they say they are. The one he has is Ginger and he says it is tight. Will forward his info when I receive it.

I attached a pic of the tilt and leather wheel in my Mach 1 sorry it is not clean has not been cleaned in 32 years sits in the barn.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is in the wiring connectors for the turn signals. You can change the connectors so that a 71-72 will wotk in a 73, as long as you have the connector

I just bought one but not here yet. I will keep you posted if I want to sell. I am almost 6'5" and it just makes it easier on me to have one. What you looking to pay?

This one has everything from rag joint to ignition key and turn signal works. Has the firewall clamp and dash mounts.

Thanks,

David

I dont know what they are worth, let me know. New seat foams and new platforms which someone here informed me that they are 1" too high for Mach's/fastbacks makes it a challenge to get in and out. Once I am sitting down, no problem.

Back