New member with 73 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkmskm

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
Just bought a 73 convertible 302 2V that is a 73,000 fairly original car short of a repaint. Found the original owner info in the glovebox and it was sold new at the Ford dealer in my wife's home town. Needs new tires and cosmetically the rear quarter trim panels are gouged so it's the dilemma of vinyl covering these or getting the repros which look questionable. Otherwise look forward to going through things but so far it runs great.

Malcolm

2.jpg

12.jpg

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

That car looks like mine before the restoration. Red with white interior. Nice!

Just bought a 73 convertible 302 2V that is a 73,000 fairly original car short of a repaint. Found the original owner info in the glovebox and it was sold new at the Ford dealer in my wife's home town. Needs new tires and cosmetically the rear quarter trim panels are gouged so it's the dilemma of vinyl covering these or getting the repros which look questionable. Otherwise look forward to going through things but so far it runs great.

Malcolm
Welcome to the club,

I am also new just joined this year. Great looking car is the interior trim code "CW"? I just bought a 73 vert California car with CW interior and yellow exterior been waiting a month for delivery. I will need the interior panels also he put speakers in the one I have coming.

David

Welcome from West Texas! Nice lookin' vert - Sport Wheel Covers, FTW! ::thumb::

More pics, please. :D

Thanks for replies and nice comments. Yes, the seats are all original, as is the carpet, door panels and even the dash is somehow not cracked. Heck my '72 coupe that I had years ago was falling apart inside in 1980. I remember the dash had a huge split. Here's a couple more pictures. I've got it lined up Wednesday to get new tires (Cooper Cobras) as these Eagles are ancient. It has a Ziebart sticker on the passenger rear window and I have the receipt from 1978 so maybe that really did help it survive. I have a receipt that they replaced the rear glass in 1982 but I don't know if the top is original or not. It looks great and fits perfect.

9.jpg

1.jpg

13.jpg

Back