console

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 H code fastback Boss 351 clone
Does anybody have advise as to the best way to mount the full floor console? When I replaced my floor pans, I welded all the floor holes closed because there were 3-4 holes for each screw in the console like it had been mounted several times. I want to do a clean install without drill bit pulling up carpet strands. any advise?

I'll borrow this thread as I have a similair issue. My PO have installed sound deadener carpet and also a non stock looking carpet so I am unable to see or feel the mounting holes. Sure, I can remove the sound deadener carpet but it's glued to the floor pan. I'd hate to destroy it. Also, it's winter here which mean I am not able to drive the car and it also lack battery (going to replace it). This means I can't drive it to i.e a gas station in order to raise it and go under the car to look for the mounting holes. :(

So, I was wondering if someone who have their full console mounted could be an angel and make a measurement between the center gauge console and the clock, like my illustration? :angel: Maybe then I will be able to locate the mounting holes and fasten the screws.

4hw1zo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When they put them in in the factory it was lay it in and run the screws. I took a console out of a 72 Mach 1 and there was a cigarette melted into the carpet. Someone was smoking put it down and then another guy sat the console over it and screwed it in. I don't think they did precise measurements.

David

Back