Marti Report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Not the Marti but the original order and the dealer invoice. Have the window stickers also. I think this car was the most optioned one sold. It had I think 27 options that I added to the order for factory install and I also had the dealer order the rear floor mats, door edge guards, locking spare, ram air, front spoiler and the mechanical dual point distributor. The dealer also did the undercoat the day it came in. I has not be moved in 32 years neither washed or started, 12,000 miles one owner.

Believe it or not I have never found the build sheet in the car but never had the carpet out either.

Hope to clean it up soon building a new garage since I retired last year.

I enjoy seeing all the big mustangs and I have a couple 65 models also.

Nice documentation! I found two build sheets in my 73 convertible back in 1974 when I had the foresight to take the carpets out to rustproof the floors. Maybe you will find yours.

Wow,

Looking at that Buyer Order document. With all those options why did the car not cost more? The individual option cost was not listed but it seems that it should have put the car over 5K.

Do you have the Marti Report on the car? If not, you should get that. You have one very special car there. Glad you kept it all these years. Don't see how this is possible but you did it!

My car has a ton of options but you might have edged me out Some things like the two tone hood was an option for you but came standard with my car. I am betting you would have gone for that 429 if it had been an option in 1973!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,

Looking at that Buyer Order document. With all those options why did the car not cost more? The individual option cost was not listed but it seems that it should have put the car over 5K.

Do you have the Marti Report on the car? If not, you should get that. You have one very special car there. Glad you kept it all these years. Don't see how this is possible but you did it!

My car has a ton of options but you might have edged me out Some things like the two tone hood was an option for you but came standard with my car. I am betting you would have gone for that 429 if it had been an option in 1973!
The sticker price was $5156.90 if you look at the order the total was $5,203.92 and they gave me $494.17 discount I paid I think a little over $4,700.00 when it was all in.

Yes I would have ordered the 429. I actually went and looked at the Boss 429's the local dealer had 9 on the lot due to lots of NASCAR located here back then. The dealer said I would never get insurance but found out later that they would insure anything I wanted since I had made no claims and pretty much always outran the cops when they were chasing me, lol. I did turn down a Boss 9 in 1974 for a $1000.00 with and extra engine. You could not get gas and those big engines drank it. I was a tool and die maker so Vietnam did not get me and I made good money for the day.

Well got to get outside and work on the site for my garage finally getting my dream garage, 80' X 50' this spring.

There are lots of cars around here like mine I mean low miles just sitting. There are 428 cj and one guy has I think 8 Shelby convertibles just sitting and will not sell them and he is in his 80's.

I have a 1950 ford barn find with 16,000 original miles on it attached a couple pics inside the Mach and the 50 both original. Just go out and hunt and ask questions you would be surprised what is hiding out there.

David

Back