Here's the video of the Rear Coil Over Kit Install from TCP into my 1973 Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

This is the video of my installation of the Total Control Products g-Link Canted-4-Bar Suspension System into my 1973 Coupe. It does require welding but no fabrication or major modifications to the car and I used my stock 9" rear axle housing.

I am months away from driving this vehicle but am extremely happy with the kit so far...the fit and finish is top notch!

spacer.png
4-Bar-Rear-Wide.jpg'%20alt='4-Bar-Rear-Wide.jpg'

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video.. Did you also use the complete kit for the front to include Rack/Pinion?

Great video.. Did you also use the complete kit for the front to include Rack/Pinion?
Jason DID install the front coilover system. Here's the video!

We don't currently offer a rack kit specific to the 71-73 Mustangs. That being said, we have had several customers retrofit the kit from the 70 with great success. It's on our list of cool parts to make, but it's not at the top yet. Still, this guy dominated the East Coast vintage scene for years with the front coilover system, a custom fit rack, and a modified version of our TCP Pushrod Suspension System.

vehicles_gluck_71_mach1.jpg

We don't currently offer a rack kit specific to the 71-73 Mustangs. That being said, we have had several customers retrofit the kit from the 70 with great success. It's on our list of cool parts to make, but it's not at the top yet. Still, this guy dominated the East Coast vintage scene for years with the front coilover system, a custom fit rack, and a modified version of our TCP Pushrod Suspension System.

vehicles_gluck_71_mach1.jpg

Holy Moly... "this guys" Mustang just became one of my favorites of all time...WOW. I can't believe I missed that feature with how much time I spend creeping around that website!

Jason DID install the front coilover system. Here's the video!

I would love to see a video on the rack/pinion as well..

Sorry for bringing up an older post (I tend to do that). I am curious as to how well this would work with a 460 bb.

Hmm, theres a couple of things I dislike about that kit:

the lowers should be flatter with respect to the ground to avoid oversteer which that car will have aloT.

The swaybar with the excess overteer is pointless.

The uppers are too short, they will promote to much pinion angle change, poor driveshaft..

I know these cars have too little space for anything perfect but they should of thought it out better In my opinion...

Back