• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

351C 2V Complete Engine for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SalmonTex

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Bright Red
Fully assembled engine. Block code D2AE-CA, 2-bolt mains. Heads and intake have '74 and '75 date codes. Was told that it was in running condition when purchased, though in need of gaskets and seals. I have had it stored on an engine stand for 10+ years.

Also, any suggestions for other outlets for selling a piece like this would be appreciated.

mt1qo2.jpg

10qcmz8.jpg

23ofsy.jpg

2ltfrd3.jpg

j7qp0j.jpg

2enpawp.jpg

24v15oo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had to say - that's one of the most oddball combos I've seen in ages. '72 block 351C built with later dished pistons and heads yanked from a 400/351M, and a 351C 2V manifold from its last year of production, along with the Duraspark II distributor.

Someone had to think that build out well though, and it's a good starting point for a project. Craigslist may be a good place for your sale. Good luck!

-Kurt

Just had to say - that's one of the most oddball combos I've seen in ages. '72 block 351C built with later dished pistons and heads yanked from a 400/351M, and a 351C 2V manifold from its last year of production, along with the Duraspark II distributor.

Someone had to think that build out well though, and it's a good starting point for a project. Craigslist may be a good place for your sale. Good luck!

-Kurt
Hey Kurt, that block isn't a 72 casting, check the casting date of 3L27, which is 73 November 27, it being a late 73 casting. That part number is for the updated casting of the Cleveland blocks. That part number ran all the way until the end of production here in Australia in 83. So definitely the right bits for that engine.

Hey Kurt, that block isn't a 72 casting, check the casting date of 3L27, which is 73 November 27, it being a late 73 casting. That part number is for the updated casting of the Cleveland blocks. That part number ran all the way until the end of production here in Australia in 83. So definitely the right bits for that engine.
Good eye. That explains the dished pistons.

I'd be surprised if that intake is date-coded '75 instead of '74 though - that might make it a Ford service part here in the States.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
oil pan looks like may be for truck but bell pattern looks like small block is that something they did down under?

oil pan looks like may be for truck but bell pattern looks like small block is that something they did down under?
The Cleveland engines were only fitted in passenger vehicles (sedan, wagon and coupes) commercial vehicles (Utes and Panelvans) F series (100,250,350) and Broncos from the factory here in Australia. The oil pans were all the same as those in the Mustang except for 4x4 F trucks and Broncos, which dipped down in the middle (if memory serves) with the oil pick up to suit. Never seen a pan or pick up like those in the pics. All Cleveland engines had small block bell housing pattern, even in Australia. I think the 400/351M engines had the big block bell housing pattern (again if memory serves)

Here in the states always 351m &400 in truck and some big car with BB pattern which I always wondered why and for what reason. Seen pictures of dual pattern casting in very few 335. Just wondering about the pan because I have one like that hanging in shop said to be from a bronco years ago with 351M. I'm getting old but every once in while I learn something new about the Clevelands. Thank for the info

I assumed that this may have been a service vehicle as well because of the dual dipsticks. Back when I was researching this engine to start as a project, I was coming to many of the same conclusions as you guys. Unfortunately the first 4 digits of the VIN stamped on the heads are scraped off, but I was thinking it either came from a Gran Torino or a Bronco.

Back