Hello from Ore-e-gon

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty1

Reaction score
My Car
1#-73 Grande Coupe 351 2V, FMX, 3:25, A/C, Needs some TLC to get it back on the road or make it go away.
2#- 73 Grande Coup, same drivetrain, but is a resto mod with 16" tires and wheels, is a daily driver and mama's birthday present
Found this site recently and had to become a member as my wife still has the first car she ever bought, a 73 Grande and over the years I rebuilt the drive train, front end, rearend, interior, added OEM AC and then life got in the way and it has been sitting for a number of years and it now is in need of some major body work. Over the years of working on it I discovered that it had been hit in the R/R and some one BRAZED the complete quarter panel on and then covered it with a good 1"+ of bondo and for one who is not a body man, it took me 7 months of my spare time to redo it to bring it out to 3/8". After all of this work, I think that the frame may be bent as the R/R leaf spring went flat and a so called body man said the R/R panel was about 1" low?. I recently retired after 45 years of turning wrenchs on everything from weed eaters to semi trucks, old cars to new, the body said ENOUGH!!!! I recently found another 73 Grande that has been almost completed and for less then $9K, the owner gave me receipts totaling over $14K and that is not including the 16" tires and wheels'. My wife now has once again, a stang to drive and it is hard to keep her out of it. After I finish getting my 77 Ranchero back on the road, I will be swapping some parts between the 2 mustangs and making her first one go away as I don't have a garage to work in and everything has to be done outside under cover, weather permitting. I turned my 2 car garage into my wood working shop building custom furniture/ items. I will post some photos of the cars when time allows

Welcome from your neighbor up North, Olympia WA. Really glad to see someone from Ore-e-gon joining us, we have lots of WA members but oddly very few from Oregon. Looking forward to following your progress. These guys like pics, so post some up when you get a chance.

Go Hawks! (I have connections to the team so I have double the reason to cheer for them)

Jim

Hello and welcome from the Gulf Coast. You'll find this site to be a treasure trove of information and support. If you haven't already done so, post your location on the member map located under the "Fun Stuff" at the top of the page.

Back