Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstng72

Reaction score
My Car
'72 Mustang convertible in Hot Red with white interior and top. 302-2V.
Hello,

I rescued my 72 convertible in 1999 from an elderly uncle who was no longer able to look after his fleet. He had bought it from the estate of the original owner in '97 and shortly thereafter it was involved in a fender bender in his driveway and was sandwiched between his 1964 and 1989 T'Birds. It sat moldering under a tarp in the back yard for the next 2 years until I pried it loose and started the rehab. It took about a year and a half to get it back in shape but has since won a few trophies and appeared as the centre fold in Mustang Monthly in May 2004.

Red&Blue.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I reread the issue your Mustang appeared in back in May 2004 and commend you for your efforts in getting all your parts back and completing a GREAT restoration...OUTSTANDING article in "Mustang Monthly", by the way!

Welcome to the Site and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual forums:).

BT

Kudos to you and your car. Very nice car. It's always great to read about a mustang (any year) being rescued. I remember seeing many a barely recognizable mustang on the back of a truck on the way to the crusher back in the 80s. It would always make me sad, so thank you.

Back