71-72-73 Rear Window Defroster Switch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang Mach 1, 429CJ, J Code SOLD 3/2016

1971 Boss 351 Mustang
Medium Yellow Gold
From Kim Miller Collection
Last edited by a moderator:
[/b]Rear window defogger switch. Rare part! I looked for one for about six months before finding one for my car. Mine was broken off with only the metal stub.

If you need one better act quick!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151560975127

I try to contact the seller for questions about this knob but is impossible through ebay(if it's possible about shipping to Belgium or not).

eddyw

:(

Oh, i think it's a forum member and do allready a PM to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI

You can buy the new convertible top switch

Click to view: 71-73 CONVERTIBLE TOP SWITCH ASSEMBLY Item #D1ZZ-15668

71-73 CONVERTIBLE TOP SWITCH ASSEMBLY

Includes correct plastic knob and die cast chrome nut. Made exactly like originals. Price: $49.95

Take it apart [ two snaps ] and use the knob assembly to replace the broken know in your defrost switch

50.00 and about 10 minutes

Don

Prior to the new top switch being available, to make a lasting repair to my vert top switch. I dissembled the switch. Took out the switching post and replaced it with a short piece from a welding rod. I drilled the black knob a little deeper to get to a brodder area. Epoxied the knob on to the rod for the correct lenght. Half hour and no cost. Been working great and shouldn't brake again.

Any idea where to find the indicator light/lens that accompanies the defrost switch? Or any work around to just fill the empty space and make it look natural?

Any idea where to find the indicator light/lens that accompanies the defrost switch?  Or any work around to just fill the empty space and make it look natural?

Was busy on my 71 this weekend, its having a different layout/options than my 73, while both have the red defrost light, on both its located in left corner, as seen on the picts I posted on your other thread. I just realise that the hole you have is too large for it. On the 71, the same spot is being used for the parking break light, the lens is bigger, with park written on it and is likely to match this hole. Don't know why ford did not keep all lights sharing same design...

Back in the day these got broken off when you stepped into the car your pants leg would catch on the bat handle and snap it off. I bought several and put in the hoard back then.

I do have a complete rear window defogger for Mach 1, window, harness, switch, light and relay nothing missing but the two little plastic pieces that go over the wire connections in the rear. I do have a set somewhere, lol.

PM me if interested in the system. BTW all T-5 German models had rear window defogger as standard equipment.

David

Any idea where to find the indicator light/lens that accompanies the defrost switch?  Or any work around to just fill the empty space and make it look natural?

Was busy on my 71 this weekend, its having a different layout/options than my 73, while both have the red defrost light, on both its located in left corner, as seen on the picts I posted on your other thread. I just realise that the hole you have is too large for it. On the 71, the same spot is being used for the parking break light, the lens is bigger, with park written on it and is likely to match this hole. Don't know why ford did not keep all lights sharing same design...
Yes!! Brake light is a clever fix.  Found one for a Ford pickup should fit nicely.

Did you ever sell this?
I still have the defroster if you are talking about me. Would take a crate to ship across the U.S. without breaking. I am too busy right now to build and ship got my Mach 1 taken all apart cleaning for the MOM display. Would be late April before I can ship anything.

PM me an offer if interested. I would say a crate would be $100 for the plywood and foam to protect and of course insurance. Shipping is what shipping is.

Did you ever sell this?
I have a harness with the indicator light - less switch.  Relay etc are there. Switch connector is missing one side holder so some electrical tape would be needed.  Cheap (?$50 offer) if interested.  PM me for pictures or other questions.

Back