Hello from the Texas Gulf Coast

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MY '71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MODIFIED COUPE
Just sayin' hello. New member from Seabrook TX. Got a little modified '71 3 spd coupe with the 351C 2V w/ Ram Air 4bbl Holley on top of a Edlebrock Performer intake.All original except...paint, exhaust, wheels and tires, ignition and a few other things. Picked up this car for my daughter who is needing a vehicle for college. She absolutely hates it and wants a '70's F100. So, decided to keep it, fixer up, play a bit, and prolly give it to my son. Well....maybe not! Love the power in this 'Stang. Although she is 2 years older than I, she is in pretty good condition. But with any old car, she needs constant attention. Been lurking on here and looking forward to gaining some of y'all's knowledge and maybe I can be of some help to others. Build boats by day and gunsmith at night. Own and operate a F1 tunnel boat rescue team and own and crew chief my daughters Formula Lights Race Team. Any boat questions feel free to ask anytime. Sorry for the long introduction....Mike

IMG_3882[1].JPG

IMG_3885[1].JPG

Thanks guys! Couple of things I'm interested in, 1st and most important is power steering. Not a big issue with me, but my wife, that's a different story. 2nd is a front disc conversion. Do not know which way I will go with this so, I'll be researching and reading some topics on my two issues. I would greatly appreciate any info ie: pro's/con's, trick's/tips on equipment I should use etc...

Welcome from Las Vegas!!

Nice Coupé Mike :)

Welcome from France.

I been looking at the map, I was in Baytown years ago, really close to where you are.

It was a "few" years, in 1983, I was 17, and already american cars was flashing to me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sayin' hello. New member from Seabrook TX. Got a little modified '71 3 spd coupe with the 351C 2V w/ Ram Air 4bbl Holley on top of a Edlebrock Performer intake.All original except...paint, exhaust, wheels and tires, ignition and a few other things. Picked up this car for my daughter who is needing a vehicle for college. She absolutely hates it and wants a '70's F100. So, decided to keep it, fixer up, play a bit, and prolly give it to my son. Well....maybe not! Love the power in this 'Stang. Although she is 2 years older than I, she is in pretty good condition. But with any old car, she needs constant attention. Been lurking on here and looking forward to gaining some of y'all's knowledge and maybe I can be of some help to others. Build boats by day and gunsmith at night. Own and operate a F1 tunnel boat rescue team and own and crew chief my daughters Formula Lights Race Team. Any boat questions feel free to ask anytime. Sorry for the long introduction....Mike

Welcome new member I like your car, love the wheels with the spinners no less VERY cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Texas! Awesome looking car - love the period-correct mods (Torque Thrusts, Lakewood slapper traction bars, etc.) ::thumb::

Can't wait to see and hear more about your coupe! :D

Hi Mike, ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I like your car a lot. It sports a pretty badass attitude. Very cool. I´d keep the car for myself if I were you. Let those ungrateful kids find their own rides. :)

Back