tilt steering column

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it could be a good score! Thanks for sharing. ::thumb::

However, having been burned by a high-dollar, "good deal" tilt steering column from ebay, if there is any way you can see it in-person (to inspect function, etc.) make the trip. Mine showed up $400 later broken with a shoddy repair to the one of the main pivot points, and I had to actually figure out make a good tilt column out of both bad columns I now had.

He has 3 available, should be a good one there. I find dealing with local Craigs list people better then e-bay.

Sometimes u just have to take a leap of faith. Recently on here somebody posted a link for a 71 cougar tilt an rimblow. After askin a few ??? I jumped an luckily it wkd out great. All was in excellent shape. Even the horn switch

The one he shows in the pictures is missing the end of the steering shaft (at the bottom) and the all important and tilt column only rag joint.

Also as we know there is a difference in the 71/72 and 73 columns if someone is looking for a plug in column for thier car, they may have issues with wire harness connections.

Otherwise not a bad price as these are getting harder to find.

I was probably lucky I just bought a 73 last week out of Atlanta for $260.00. It has the rag joint, clamp plate that goes on firewall, column to dash mounting plate, ignition switch & key and the tilt and turn signal mech. work.

I had ran an add on craigslist in Atlanta looking for some hard to find Mustang parts and he answered my ad. He had a couple Boss 351 cars he was doing and did not need the column. He also had NOS Ford front fender if anyone interested.

Like others mentioned when buying one of these be sure it is the right one and has all the parts they are hard to find the replacements and expensive. I think a turn signal cost $150.00 if you can find one.

David

I had ran an add on craigslist in Atlanta looking for some hard to find Mustang parts and he answered my ad. He had a couple Boss 351 cars he was doing and did not need the column. He also had NOS Ford front fender if anyone interested.

David
David, Sent you a PM about this. Curtis

I found a '73 tilt column in Houston last year with everything included and paid $125 if I recall. I'm cleaning it up and refurbing it for my '73 'Vert.

David
David, Sent you a PM about this. Curtis

I found a '73 tilt column in Houston last year with everything included and paid $125 if I recall. I'm cleaning it up and refurbing it for my '73 'Vert.
That was a find for sure you just have to keep looking and they do pop up.

Will go look at message.

David

Back