1972 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I called the guy and made him an offer, it's kind of low...we'll see. It has a dent in the left rear where he hit the bumper. What do you guys think? I'm thinking of upping it a little.

JHawk
what did you offer him? its not a mach-1 interior

I called the guy and made him an offer, it's kind of low...we'll see. It has a dent in the left rear where he hit the bumper. What do you guys think? I'm thinking of upping it a little.

JHawk
$6,500...he didn't hang up but didn't accept. I don't know enough about what's really a Mach or not. I just like a really nice car as you can tell by the way I fixed mine up. That said, it seems like a good deal?

JHawk
$6,500...he didn't hang up but didn't accept. I don't know enough about what's really a Mach or not. I just like a really nice car as you can tell by the way I fixed mine up. That said, it seems like a good deal?
I wouldnt go higher, but its your call. The whole interior is from a standard car. Easy $1000-1200 to change the door panels & seats covers

I wouldnt go higher, but its your call. The whole interior is from a standard car. Easy $1000-1200 to change the door panels & seats covers
Thanks, I appreciate the input. Seems like a much nicer car than that but I'm not an expert and I know that some of these combinations have no value.

JHawk

JHawk
YES it is a Mach 1 interior

Mach 1's came with standard interior

Mach 1 sport interior was an option

Bugs me that it was painted 2 years ago yet no one spent 18.00 for some quarter post seals - what else got skipped

Looks like the trunk pan has stitch welded patches in the LH upper section picture.

yeh, he told me no body damage, left rear is damaged, no console, flip gas cap, smells fishy

JHawk
YES it is a Mach 1 interior

Mach 1's came with standard interior

Mach 1 sport interior was an option

Bugs me that it was painted 2 years ago yet no one spent 18.00 for some quarter post seals - what else got skipped

Looks like the trunk pan has stitch welded patches in the LH upper section picture.
So its not a Mach1 interior?

Ok, we have a problem here with a closer look.

One pic shows no console and a few pics later show a full console.

I asked him about the console and he said he had installed it recently. As for the Mustang decal, I see it in all the pictures? He also shows a close up of damage to the real left bumper area which he wanted to explain what happened. Seems like he wouldn't do that if he's just trying to make a buck...but now I'm getting leary.

JHawk

I asked him about the console and he said he had installed it recently. As for the Mustang decal, I see it in all the pictures? He also shows a close up of damage to the real left bumper area which he wanted to explain what happened. Seems like he wouldn't do that if he's just trying to make a buck...but now I'm getting leary.

JHawk

Yeah, I did see the decal after looking closer.

Maybe it's time for a road trip.

Wonder if he just sold the console as he mentioned the need for cash. I would definitely want to see the car in person before an offer as the pictures he is posting could be really old ones, just never know. Motor has 150,000 + miles so it may be ready for a rebuild too. If everything is on the up and up I think $6500 would be a good buy.

Looks like it's been sold.
Yup...he got $8,600 for it. Not sure if it was worth it or not but seems like they buyer and seller should be happy. As for me...oh well!

JHawk

Keep your eyes open for any good deals! Surprisingly my wife was very open to me getting a muscle car as a semi-daily driver. Doesn't have to be a Mustang so if you see something that looks interesting please let me know.

Cheers!

JHawk

Back