Shout Out to the Better Half

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Coupe 351c
I'm really lucky that my better half lets me live my dream of fixing

up an old car!

This hobby is not cheap and sometimes I go over budget

but she doesn't complain and that is a sign of marrying the right woman.

My girl loves taking the Mustang to breakfast or car shows and is my best

friend and is very supportive in my hobby.

Fixing up and driving this hotrod is my last hurrah and I couldn't do it

without her support.

You young pups out there will not understand but you need to respect the woman that stands by you, and supports you.

If I had a garage I would have scantily clad women/car posters all

over the walls right next to the Sheryl Teigs and Farah Fawcett posters!

(My favorite was the 4play Porshe Poster)

Whipped=No

Just a guy that respects his girl.

Regards

Paul

Well said Paul. I have a great woman as well. Been married 41 years now and she is more than a wife to me. She has always been my best friend and has always been there for me. I truly owe everything to her. We have never been apart in all our years. We have been and always will be a team.

Although I am not skilled to be able to build a car, my wife encouraged me to find and buy the car of my dreams to re-live our young days when we were both tooling around in my/our 72 Mach 1.

Here we are in 1973 just a few months before we got married.

image.jpg

Wha can I say...?

My wife supports both my hobbies, cars and guitars.

She wanted me to make a coffee table from an engine block for the living room after we saw one.

She never minds me spending money on the Mustang.

I keep an eye out for some kind of Mopar to add to the stable and she not only doesn't mind but she suggested we should add some garage space for it before we buy one.

Although I have a room for my guitars and amps she insists on always having one or two guitars on display in the living room.

We have nude pinups by Mel Ramos on the kitchen wall.

All that makes her pretty awesome but on top of that she's super hot and nice. She won the Mustang babes contest and made the cover of the 2014 Mustang babes calendar.

I guess I'm a lucky guy in the wife department. :)

Guy's,

Couldn't agree with you more. My amazing wife and I set out to purchase a Falcon Convertible and saw a 71 Fastback sitting there pretty much stripped out, body panels we done as well as the floor pans. Even though the Falcon looked much better my wife still seen the potential beauty of the Mach 1 as I did. She actually has done a lot of research and part shopping and was instrumental in making this project a reality. Some would have looked at it and seen a Jersey "Rustang" . Well after a year and a half later it should be going for paint in a few months. All in all my wife is the love of my life. (My cay is 2nd) of course.

George

Luxtang, your Wife does sound amazing! Is she for real, I mean no woman would put up with that! You're a very lucky guy.

My Wife's pretty cool too. I've got 2 classic cars, I'm always buying new guitars and I'm in a band and we make lots of noise. I'm basically 16 again and living the dream!

I make sure she gets her treats too, but still she puts up with a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if you already are the better half? I even signed up here for him but then again it is my Mach!

Wha can I say...?

My wife supports both my hobbies, cars and guitars.

She wanted me to make a coffee table from an engine block for the living room after we saw one.

She never minds me spending money on the Mustang.

I keep an eye out for some kind of Mopar to add to the stable and she not only doesn't mind but she suggested we should add some garage space for it before we buy one.

Although I have a room for my guitars and amps she insists on always having one or two guitars on display in the living room.

We have nude pinups by Mel Ramos on the kitchen wall.

All that makes her pretty awesome but on top of that she's super hot and nice. She won the Mustang babes contest and made the cover of the 2014 Mustang babes calendar.

I guess I'm a lucky guy in the wife department. :)

Tough to argue that one! You are a fortunate one. Congrats.

Ray

Congrats!!!

my wife sends mixed messages.... "why dont you play cars today" oh and while your at it, I need some help cleaning the house, when are you going to wash the dogs, have you done the yard this week?/ when can you wash the car/the truck/ Maggies' car? you deserve some time to mess with your cars/oh can you fix ....... :s

But when I buy parts its out of my secret stash of cash so nothing is said. if I went out and spent 10k she wouldnt say a word other than "where ya gonna put it":D

image(111).jpegimage(110).jpegimage(109).jpegimage(108).jpegimage(106).jpeg

up an old car!

without her support.

You young pups out there will not understand but you need to respect the woman that stands by you, and supports you.

Whipped=No

Regards

Paul
Not to out do your story but in 1973 I ordered my 73 convertible and sold my 72 Mustang to my sister. My sister in turn sold her car to a friend from work. I of course had to go deliver it with her, followed her over in my new car, the woman's daughter came out and looked at my car and I took her for a ride and started dating got married that same year. She always says she fell in love with the car first. Now we go to cruise nites and travel all over the country with that same car and belong to the MCA (since 1977). She loves taking pictures of all the cars and meeting new people. A couple years ago she insisted we do a Mustang room for all my trophies. We also have a '68 Cobra Jet and a 79 Ranchero.

image(107).jpeg

up an old car!

without her support.

Whipped=No

Regards

Paul
Not to out do your story but in 1973 I ordered my 73 convertible and sold my 72 Mustang to my sister. My sister in turn sold her car to a friend from work. I of course had to go deliver it with her, followed her over in my new car, the woman's daughter came out and looked at my car and I took her for a ride and started dating got married that same year. She always says she fell in love with the car first. Now we go to cruise nites and travel all over the country with that same car and belong to the MCA (since 1977). She loves taking pictures of all the cars and meeting new people. A couple years ago she insisted we do a Mustang room for all my trophies. We also have a '68 Cobra Jet and a 79 Ranchero.
That's a great story! So the car made a little circle and continues to be with you. You got the car and the girl. Can't beat that!

It's all about give and take. If you show them support for the things they're interested in, they'll do the same for you. Mine likes to cross-stitch and she likes ducks (for some reason), so I cross-stitched a picture of some ducks for her one year for Christmas (took a bunch of crap from the guys at work, too). She likes to play World of Warcraft, so she has every WoW thing she could ever ask for, as well as she wanted a swimming pool... and I have my Mustang. I wanted to have it back together in time for the Car Show put on by the same people that closed the shop I was working in... and she dove in and helped me make that happen.

Gotta love it!

Wow! I am speechless. I wish my significant other would help me clean up greasy parts. Mine wants to spend every waking hour with me but doesn't like to get dirty. No pun intended. Lol

And YES we need a like button for sure!

Back