Interesting observation on the Nova In "Death Proof"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Just watched "Death Proof" again yesterday and noticed something interesting on the Chevy Nova in the movie. Any body else notice the license tag on the car?

Does it ring a bell? :)

There are more funny references to other famous cars in the movie but this one was so obvious I wonder how I missed it the first time.

http://www.imcdb.org/i108121.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let me solve the riddle. The tag reads JJZ 109 which is the tag on Bullit's 67 Mustang.

There are some more hints hidden in the movie. The girls talk about "Gone in 67" and one of them emphasizes that they're talking about the original one, not "the shitty Angelina Jolie remake". Those girls drive a yellow 72 Mustang coupe.

Then there is a black Charger (Bullitt again) that wears the rims like the Dukes' General Lee.

That charger carries the same license tag as the Charger in "Dirty Mary Crazy Larry".

Then the girls go steal a white big block 1970 Challenger which is a clear wink to Kowalski. Besides they call it the "Vanishing Point car".

Mike, that is one of my FAVORITE movies:)!

I must admit that I had not noticed all of the "references", other than the one to the "Vanishing Point" car.

Man, you are "on it!" Sharp eye, indeed!!

BT

Back