Hello Fellow Stangers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnrealRobert

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1, Yellow/White
Hello People!

I've been surfing around this site without properly introducing myself as of yet. I've been building older mustangs (65-66) for a while but this is my first 71-73 Mustang. I've really become attached to my 73' due to the area and the overall size of this beast. I had no Idea How cool these bad boys really are before buying mine. This is a great site full of people and their wisdom making this site a MUST for anyone building these monsters of cool! If your reading this post you surely already know that. I just recently got my 73 back from the body/paint shop (Rick) and yes it's been in his hands since my original post which was what, over a year and a half ago. Not real happy about the length of time he had my car (originally supposed to be in for 5 months) but, when the stang was sanded down and he had me by the shorties after that! the paint is still not by any means perfect but I'm not dwelling on that right now, I'm focusing on the rest of the restoration, getting her back to original Mach 1 condition and color, yellow-ext/white-int. This Mach came from the factory with a standard hood and standard interior, somewhere down the timeline some one added a rear deck spoiler. The original owners did splurged for a Rimblow steering wheel though. I must say I kicked down for second hood, a Ram air hood, well... because there too cool! I'll be posting more picks soon and It's good to be back on board. Thanks to everyone for their great feedback and very helpful information!

Cheers!

Robert

Hi Robert, and welcome!

Great to hear from you. Your project sounds exciting, but i'm sorry you had such big hang ups with your spray shop. That's a bad situation to be in, to be at the mercy of unscrupulous spray shop owners who have no hesitation in completely stuffing you around and making you play a crazy waiting game. You have my complete sympathy on that score.

It reminds me of the spider and the fly story - Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly ............... and the rest as we know is history.

Please keep us posted on your progress with some pics as well if you can.

Greg.:)

Welcome from AZ, we know the feeling. We sent our Mach to the painter for six months and a little over two years latter we got her back. No malice in this case, just a result of breathing too many paint fumes I think

Welcome from West Texas! I hear ya about the paint & body guy having the car for so long... well, not for THAT long. That's crazy. Mine told me 4 weeks, then had it for over 2 months... and there were some things they definitely could've done better... but I'm more happy that it's all just shiny again.

Can't wait to see some pics!

Back