The Germans seem to "get it"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Look at this poster for a big Mustang show in Germany. That's how you do it. Correct feature car and all. :)

Plakat_01-2.jpg

Look at this poster for a big Mustang show in Germany. That's how you do it. Correct feature car and all. :)
But the guys from this club where always against our big bodys, I actually left this club for this reason.
How things change... :D Looks like they have relented and now are accepting of our cars.

Ray

A few people I know in Germany have been to that show and said it was a good time. Chuck

But the guys from this club where always against our big bodys, I actually left this club for this reason.
Yeah, I was surprised. From what I read on the Dr. Mustang forum (before I left because they started that new rule where you have to pay to be a member) they were not very keen on our cars.

A few people I know in Germany have been to that show and said it was a good time. Chuck
Yeah, our guys from the lux Mustang club always drive there in a group of cars. I've never been there but I think I should go once.

It's especially cool as it is taking place at the museum where they exhibit all those planes and technical stuff.

A Mustang only show can't keep my interest for more than an hour but the museum would be cool to visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion its the same here more than we want to admit. While I "get it" that Mustang Monthly, and many others need to be up to date on the new technology and reign in the interest of new car owners they have forgotten their roots. Of course not to mention those BIG BEASTLY overweight models of 71-73 rofl

As stated on some other threads, I am AMAZED at the younger generation and their "just like the other guys cars off the dealer lot" with their K&N filters to separate themselves from the crowd :huh: accessories. I can name on one hand how many have walked by at a show and giving praise. 99.9% never giving a second thought to the 67 or 71 Mach. I put my car in a show that is all brands and I can never leave my car for the crowds that come by asking questions like "is that a Camaro" ...:( LOL and I patiently chat with them educating them on this beast of a car I own.

So good on Germany!!

Noticed one of their club members has a really bad ass 72 called the Pink Panther with 1000 PS, (1050 HP).

http://www.mustangclub.de/index.php/fahrzeuge/baujahr1972/25-club/clubfahrzeuge/1972/232-marco-schmid
Haaaahahaha!!!

Forget about that! First, that guy is a Luxembourger, not a German. Second, the car and the owner are the laughing stock around here. :)

That car has nowhere near 1000hp.

It's a dressed up 351 Cleveland.

I edited my first post to make it a little nicer.

That car is hideous as hell in its typical 80ies disguise although he thinks it's god's gift to the American car scene.

Buddy, if you ever happen to read this, remember that I told you in person. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed one of their club members has a really bad ass 72 called the Pink Panther with 1000 PS, (1050 HP).

http://www.mustangclub.de/index.php/fahrzeuge/baujahr1972/25-club/clubfahrzeuge/1972/232-marco-schmid
Haaaahahaha!!!

Forget about that! First, that guy is a Luxembourger, not a German. Second, the car and the owner are the laughing stock around here. :)

That car has nowhere near 1000hp.

It's a dressed up 351 Cleveland.

I edited my first post to make it a little nicer.

That car is hideous as hell in its typical 80ies disguise although he thinks it's god's gift to the American car scene.

Buddy, if you ever happen to read this, remember that I told you in person. :)
not my style either but I usually get banned for such comments... dancebanana

As we say in Florida, "Bless his pointy little head."

"Bless his pointy little head"

I speak tomorrow to my german colleagues about that, see what is the reaction.

I put on google translator but... google translate it like it could :(

Hey guys,

I'll be there in May - the hotel room is already booked :D It's about 80 miles frome my home...

It seems to be a very cool event but it will be my first time too. My best buddy is a fan of it. The best on it is the museums area with it's real planes everywhere.

And hell yeah: I am NOT the pink panther :dodgy:

My aim is that meeting with my Mustang in original Gold Glow colored and totally overhauled engine and some other things like Ram Air - thanks to Austin Vert, Don and some others... So I am working on hard at the moment on my car. Engine is almost done - with a good COMP Cam gaining for 350 or more HP - we'll see... ;)

Would be very nice to see some of you crazy guys there!

Tim

Hey guys,

I'll be there in May - the hotel room is already booked :D It's about 80 miles frome my home...Would be very nice to see some of you crazy guys there!

Tim
Hey Tim, I've been to the Sinsheim technology museum a few times, my wife is from Heilbronn which is only about a 20 minute drive from there. She goes back to visit relatives once a year, I go back with her every second year. Since your staying in Sinsheim don't miss out on Sinsheim's Thermen & Badewalt, has the largest sauna in the world, they even have a hotel, the place is huge, great place to unwind, swim, eat, drink and be lazy all day. School won't be out at the time of the show, so shouldn't be to many kids around when you're there.

Jim

Hey Jim,

that sounds and looks good - especially for my wife who loves such wellness places :D I'm afraid I had to book one more day... ;)

Nice tip, thank you!

When is your next time of visiting good ol' Germany?

Give your wife my regards from her old home country, although we haven't met. Near Heilbronn I saw my first 71-73 Mustang, a 1972 vert, which I drove to my daddy as a temporary present for a few days for his 60th birthday five years ago. Back then I felt in love with this big guys... And it never stops!

Last year I played in Heilbronn with one of my bands at the first stop of the "Tour de Ländle" (a big annual bicycle event) from the Radiostation SWR4 with the Spider Murphy Gang in front of a few thousands of people - that was great! And hot - over 113 °F...

Tim

Back