70TorinoGuy

70TorinoGuy

Hey y'all. Just wanted to give thanks for adding me to the site. I love Ford cars and trucks. In high school I owned a 68 cougar XR7 with 289 high-po, C4 auto. My plans were to make my own hotrod and something mean. But as life happened, I had to sell it and give up the money pit and concentrate on school and paying child support. That was 20 years ago. Fast forward to 2013... I finally had the freedom and funds to buy another car. Thanks to my job in aviation maintenance. I originally set out to find another cougar. The ones that I found were Swiss cheese. Just too much rust to tackle for a low budget like mine. So I started looking at other Fords. I had several different models and year models that were potential projects. I wanted something a bit different from the mainstream mustangs... don't get me wrong., I love mustangs. Then I discovered Torino's. I was hooked. Found the one I have now for less than $2,000. It is a runner but the trans was fried and was rear ended. Since it wasn't a cobra, I decided to go the Pro-Touring route and make it something to be reckoned with. I could've just replaced the trans and been back on the road but I wanted more. Lol. Bought a wrecked 99 Ford Explorer 5.0L with 4R70W and want to drop it in. Disassembled the car as it today and now I'm at a stand still. That led me to Mesozoic's post about using EEC-V with edis8. Hopefully with his and others help and support I can get this beast back on the road. It is driving me nuts just seeing it sit. I like most am on a small budget. The other sites I've been on have been less than helpful. More frustration than anything else. That is why I'm here. Thanks Mesozoic! Thanks 7173.

70TorinoGuy

IMG_20150207_092025.thumb.jpg.55feb1b778843966be72d8caac4c022e.jpg

IMG_20150207_092651.thumb.jpg.968fedce36a5c506efcb52fedbc5e29f.jpg

IMG_20150207_093843.thumb.jpg.5aa3b9b24378e29efc98c30beb0a2f52.jpg

IMG_20150207_092555.thumb.jpg.86b00d56d1e794e7cfa8404d6e9a21e1.jpg

A concept drawing I like.

IMG_20150207_093442.jpg.f6fed37c68349cc31417244771c06834.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site from Virginia! I think we have some other Torino owners on the site. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Sounds like you are making new acquaintances and might get a jump start on your project Torino.

Too cool.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Thanks guys. I can't wait to burn the tires off this Torino. As my budget increases, I plan to drop a coyote with eight stack injection similar to this YouTube video.

Coyote 8 Stack:

I'm all about reliability and performance. I can't stop watching that video! Lol.

Welcome from TriCities WA. I like the Torino's and almost bought one myself.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome to the site! Love the concept drawing- very cool. :cool:

Which part of the great state of Georgia do you hail from? We're north of Atlanta in Suwanee- at the south end of Lake Lanier.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible--19017]Visit My Garage[/button]

Welcome from CA!

I remember my first road rally riding with the parents and

a guy had a brand new 71 Torino and it was like a Grabber

Yellow color and I thought that was the coolest car ever!

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

a shout out from MY VAN....down by THA RIVER! good Torino there! I like those a lot but what ever you do protect that front grill like its chocolate on a hot day. They are HARD to come by which is why I dont own one.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

Welcome Torino Guy, from Mustang Oklahoma. I like them as well. the link is to a picture of a Torino my son and I built in 2005. Chuck http://www.7173mustangs.com/ezgallery.php?action=view&id=220

Welcome from Denmark.. :) I'm a huge fan of the Torino's too an hope to own one sometime, beautiful car! :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Hello from Mississippi. Welcome to a site where you are not required to own a 71-73 Mustang. You can even own other year Mustangs, other Ford products or even non Ford vehicles and not be stoned by the authorities. Had a 70 Torino GT with "M" code 4bl Cleveland that was a beast but with drum brakes was scary to stop. Wanted back in a Mustang and the new Gran Torino's were coming out so I traded. Might check with Dennis Carpenter (has a lot of Ford original tooling parts) or Dearborn Classics who has a ton of interior and trim parts for Torino's. Gook luck with your project.

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Thanks jpaz, protouringstang73, secluff. Secluff, that 68 cougar that I had was a beast but I remember that it didn't like to stop either. If we had the aftermarket support we have now back then.... Oh boy... watch out. I had that car up to 160 and it floated like a river boat without an anchor. I miss it! That's why I'm going nuts with this Torino. I can't wait to burn the tires off of it.

Thanks DK73

I'm from Statesboro, Georgia.

Thanks GoodNigh aka Mike.

What I look at to calm me down while I'm at work...

This is the top of my tool box.

Welcome from Indiana! Back in 74 I bought a used 70 Fairlane to keep from putting miles on my Mach 1. That is the same body as a Torino, jut a cheaper model. Mine had the 302 and 3 speed manual trans on the column. It became my wife's car when we got married. I really like Fairlanes and Torinos , but she did not like driving the Fairlane. We sold it and bought her a used 72 Grande. Good luck finding what you need for the car. This is the only picture of the 70 Fairlane that I can find.

70f72m.thumb.jpg.e7b7716e3d2b993ac9bb5fc25e58fc05.jpg

Welcome from Ma. I have a friend who's into Fairlane's and Torino's and the Fairlane club of America has been a big help to him maybe you should check it out. If you haven't already.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank