70TorinoGuy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70TorinoGuy

Reaction score
My Car
92LX notch
1970 Ford Torino
Hey y'all. Just wanted to give thanks for adding me to the site. I love Ford cars and trucks. In high school I owned a 68 cougar XR7 with 289 high-po, C4 auto. My plans were to make my own hotrod and something mean. But as life happened, I had to sell it and give up the money pit and concentrate on school and paying child support. That was 20 years ago. Fast forward to 2013... I finally had the freedom and funds to buy another car. Thanks to my job in aviation maintenance. I originally set out to find another cougar. The ones that I found were Swiss cheese. Just too much rust to tackle for a low budget like mine. So I started looking at other Fords. I had several different models and year models that were potential projects. I wanted something a bit different from the mainstream mustangs... don't get me wrong., I love mustangs. Then I discovered Torino's. I was hooked. Found the one I have now for less than $2,000. It is a runner but the trans was fried and was rear ended. Since it wasn't a cobra, I decided to go the Pro-Touring route and make it something to be reckoned with. I could've just replaced the trans and been back on the road but I wanted more. Lol. Bought a wrecked 99 Ford Explorer 5.0L with 4R70W and want to drop it in. Disassembled the car as it today and now I'm at a stand still. That led me to Mesozoic's post about using EEC-V with edis8. Hopefully with his and others help and support I can get this beast back on the road. It is driving me nuts just seeing it sit. I like most am on a small budget. The other sites I've been on have been less than helpful. More frustration than anything else. That is why I'm here. Thanks Mesozoic! Thanks 7173.

70TorinoGuy

IMG_20150207_092025.jpg

IMG_20150207_092651.jpg

IMG_20150207_093843.jpg

IMG_20150207_092555.jpg

A concept drawing I like.

IMG_20150207_093442.jpg

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Sounds like you are making new acquaintances and might get a jump start on your project Torino.

Too cool.

Ray

Thanks guys. I can't wait to burn the tires off this Torino. As my budget increases, I plan to drop a coyote with eight stack injection similar to this YouTube video.

Coyote 8 Stack:

I'm all about reliability and performance. I can't stop watching that video! Lol.

Thanks jbojo for the welcome. They are different. It's about 90 % rust free.

Welcome to the site! Love the concept drawing- very cool. :cool:

Which part of the great state of Georgia do you hail from? We're north of Atlanta in Suwanee- at the south end of Lake Lanier.

a shout out from MY VAN....down by THA RIVER! good Torino there! I like those a lot but what ever you do protect that front grill like its chocolate on a hot day. They are HARD to come by which is why I dont own one.

I appreciate it rpmcarter. Most Torino parts are like that. Difficult to find. Nobody is reproducing them at the moment. I plan on buying Torino bodies and parts later this year.

Hello from Mississippi. Welcome to a site where you are not required to own a 71-73 Mustang. You can even own other year Mustangs, other Ford products or even non Ford vehicles and not be stoned by the authorities. Had a 70 Torino GT with "M" code 4bl Cleveland that was a beast but with drum brakes was scary to stop. Wanted back in a Mustang and the new Gran Torino's were coming out so I traded. Might check with Dennis Carpenter (has a lot of Ford original tooling parts) or Dearborn Classics who has a ton of interior and trim parts for Torino's. Gook luck with your project.

Thanks jpaz, protouringstang73, secluff. Secluff, that 68 cougar that I had was a beast but I remember that it didn't like to stop either. If we had the aftermarket support we have now back then.... Oh boy... watch out. I had that car up to 160 and it floated like a river boat without an anchor. I miss it! That's why I'm going nuts with this Torino. I can't wait to burn the tires off of it.

Thanks DK73

I'm from Statesboro, Georgia.

Thanks GoodNigh aka Mike.

What I look at to calm me down while I'm at work...

This is the top of my tool box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back