Finished 71 interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
I finally finished the interior of my car and so that makes the car 99% complete. Ok so the gas gauge light was working and now it's not. Just to say it nicely.... To hell with it. I'm not taking that @&)&$) thing apart again. Of course the OCD in me will probably change my mind.

Oh and I transplanted the original warranty card the the new glovebox that dad got the day he purchased her.

9f8ce8c0491246aef0201aec49a0e743.jpg
81e13789730eafa1c6b474b286c2578e.jpg
145fe17ea4d12413ed8d075572aafd6b.jpg
b2067aa70dae06bd7292d88c09bfa7cb.jpg
4938961e74969bda871757bc2be9ecca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing these photos I'm not sure if I get motivation or a feeling of hopelessness when I think about mine.

Either way, yours really looks great!

Beautiful job! I love to see fine interior work. It's my favorite part of restoration. How do the seats feel I just replaced the foam in mine with TMI deluxe foam and my seats look great and feel even better. Money well spent.

Your car looks great. I suffer from the same affliction (OCD) and mild as it may be it's blessing and a curse. The end product is usually perfect but at much personnel cost. I started my ground up resto 1.5 years ago and I think it's aged me five years. this was suppose to be a lessen in balance but it's failed miserably.

Seeing these photos I'm not sure if I get motivation or a feeling of hopelessness when I think about mine.

Either way, yours really looks great!
My best advice... take your time. I set small goals along the way so that I felt I was moving forward.

Beautiful job! I love to see fine interior work. It's my favorite part of restoration. How do the seats feel I just replaced the foam in mine with TMI deluxe foam and my seats look great and feel even better. Money well spent.
Thank you.

The interior work is something I could do myself without someone helping me. It has become my stress relief.

Your car looks great. I suffer from the same affliction (OCD) and mild as it may be it's blessing and a curse. The end product is usually perfect but at much personnel cost. I started my ground up resto 1.5 years ago and I think it's aged me five years. this was suppose to be a lessen in balance but it's failed miserably.
Ha! I even sat there trying to find a way to reach my hand up to the bulb. The contacts in the sockets are causing me issues and I've had to adjust several of them. I'm sure I will go back in at some point, but I would like to just enjoy her for now.

Very nice job

Hey did Dad get to drive it yet ??? Did he lite em up :D

Time to find that convertible project now :angel: :whistling:

Looks good. Cant you just scream when you get it all back together and something doesn't work.

Very nice resto. Neat icing on the cake with the warranty tag.
Thanks. Funny it is one of my favorite things on the car.

Very nice job

Hey did Dad get to drive it yet ??? Did he lite em up :D

Time to find that convertible project now :angel: :whistling:
He has not. His health has not been good and we live four hours away. I hoping to bring it home for a car show in April.

You're trying to make sure I don't have another 15 years of happy marriage. Lol

Looks good. Cant you just scream when you get it all back together and something doesn't work.
Amen brother.

I just purchased a long console that needs to be painted...is it gloss or satin/matte finish? BTW yours looks really good!

Back