Lets keep this a secret from my fiance please

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, 351 4v, C6, Holley 650
So it turns out my fiance' is quite a car girl and is in love with Mach 1's of the '71 variety. What a gal huh? We're getting hitched in June in the skies over Albuquerque in a balloon just for fun. I've done the fancy wedding thing and we wanted to keep it simple so there ya go.

I was planning on buying her a lovely wedding ring but she saved me that expense when she also fell in love with the simple little engagement ring I bought her. What a gal huh?

Well, instead of another ring I decided I should get a '71 for her. She likes black n white so I happened to come across a custom paint scheme fixer upper in black n white. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to get to work on "her" car! What a gal huh?

The problem now is trying to sneak away to work on it until June when we are official and I can unveil her wedding present. I have my old 78 vette that I'm working on now and she said I should get a lift so I can get underneath better. What a gal huh?

So anyway here I am trying to learn about my future frustrations and repairs on the new 71 muscle. Looking forward to learning about this car more and spending some time with it. Of course it's all about her. Anything for my gal.

Eric

Welcome from Virginia. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing more about your progress. White and black is my favorite colors on the 71/73's.

Well, if I lived in Texas I would let ya park it at my house. (the car, not the girl, what a gal huh?) ;)

Anyways, looks like you found a keeper. My wife loves my mustang and while she doesn't drive it much when she does she always comes back with a big smile on her face.

Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Nice to be here. I hope to be around for quite awhile.

Here's a couple of pics of what my new (I mean "her") new 71 looks like. Kind of funky side scoops that may need to disappear later but not bad overall.

00202_balKzVuX196_600x450.jpg

00J0J_jq6OlP86RH6_600x450.jpg

00606_cf9Q9ZSC6CU_600x450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
VIN 1F05H136068

If I'm not mistaken the car originally had a 2V according to the vin but I may be wrong. Any confirmation or additional information based on the VIN would be appreciated. I've done a small amount of research on that. It now sports a Cleveland 351 4v automatic.

No tach and I'm learning that is not unusual. Needs a lot of electrical work I think and the window hardware is in need of some serious attention.

The paint and interior is mostly good. Trunk is a bare metal shell. Maybe it came that way I don't know. The body is in great shape. Not a ding that I could see but a bit of surface rust on some edges.

Lots of the little stuff to fix and hopefully not too many big things.

It's a driving experience for sure. Really loving this sweet car.

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Oh, the things we do for our gals,.... don't we? :)

Ok, we've seen the car..... What about your fiancée? ;)

Back