Hello from St. Louis!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSTL

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang fastback 351w c4 tranny being worked into a resto-mod.
Just joined up on the forum as I am the proud new owner of a 71 351w fastback starting somewhat of a resto mod! Believe me when I say this group was a sight for sore eyes when it came to finding others with a passion for the Clydesdales out there. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to get into one of these head first and up until a few years ago I always held back for the simple reason it was so hard to find so much! I think it's safe to say we can all thank the internet for helping keep these classics head above water! Looking forward to picking the collective brain on here and hopefully being able to point some others in the right direction as well!

::welcome:: from Germany!

Thanks everyone and this is what I am starting with! Not too bad for being in a barn over the last 7 years. Fortunately the owner did go out and start it on a monthly basis. Research guided me to finding out this was originally a 302, but somewhere along the line it was replaced with a 351w. Looks like it was a bit of a resto mod at some point in the late 80's so I'm assuming that was when the motor made it's way in. Getting started with the front disc conversion (I wouldn't wish my worst enemy the white knuckle terror in driving this right now) in the coming weeks and took the early dive into wheels and tires since these are dry rotted and I planned on running 17x8 all around eventually so that was pretty much all the motivation I needed. The car hasn't shown a need of anything major, just lots of little things that will surely add up!

image.jpg

Back