72 Mach 1 project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flstf09

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 429 CJ
IMG_4327.jpgIMG_4277.jpgIMG_4327.jpgI bought this car a few weeks ago.72 429 CJ tribute no its

not a real CJ engine.DOVE-C heads.The guy I bought it from didn't know much about it.Engine and tranny supposedly have about 4000 miles on them and I believe that to be true by the cleanliness.My plan is to build a very strong street car and occasionally take it to the strip (we don't have a drag strip in KC anymore).Heres what ive got going so far.RHP is building me a SCJ aluminum headed 521,600+ hp.I will be selling the engine in it now.Trans is still a decision I have to make.The one that's in it feels good and shifts good,might just see how long it lasts.Im upgrading the rearend to a Yukon N case 31 spline with Detroit Locker 3.50 with Currie axles.Have Calvert Racing split mono leafs,adjustable shocks and Cal tracs bars.Trying to figure out what I need to get a 275/60 on the rear and possibly going to try a 295/50 drag radial for trips to the strip.Going to be doing some brake up grades as well just haven't decided what yet.I ordered the tach that replaces the factory dummy guage cluster.Was wondering if anyone knows anything about this car seems like its been auctioned a few times.

IMG_4263.jpgHere is some more pics

IMG_4233.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking Mach.

It's not too bad.It has some rust in the lower rear quarters and the paint isn't great ....all in due time.Im going to get it mechanically the way I want it first.

Engine.jpegNew engine is done just waiting to go to dyno.

20150329_115731.jpgRear suspension upgrades

20150417_102227.jpgDummy lights before.Now VDO gauges and factory tach.

20150415_205535_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking ride. Nasty power plant.

Back