Mercury Capri v6 builder - $1 (south)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
Not ours and not a Mustang but I know there are more than a few people on here that are interested in Capri's. Looks like a bunch of work here

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4899557409.html

00E0E_jpQkWohyVDe_600x450.jpg

00303_dKppghGZq8R_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_kaFCjDnR9rl_600x450.jpg

1972 Mercury Capri

cool rare 2dr coupe euro Ford

unfinished project car, was originally a 2000 4cyl

now a V6 Ford motor with 4 spd.

Was originally an AC car

needs finishing

original paint, low rust AZ car too

email for more info

One of the things I like about this site is the lack of bias. I had forgotten about those and it good to have the occasional refresher. Even though the Capri's weren't / aren't my thing they have fallen into the category where they are getting old enough to be a little appreciated. The hot rodder in me see's a hole under the hood begging for a smokin' small block.

Sure looks like there is room for it. Tried to convince a friend to make a call to see what they want for it but he quickly reminded me we already have too many projects. Think I may have to send them an email

That is a 2.8 liter cologne V-6 IIRC and that same engine became the 4.0 liter Ford Explorer engine. You could probably build a 4.0 that looked identical to the stock engine with a good cam and make 300 easy horses without having to make anything fit.

I drove a friends back in the early to mid 80's and they were cool little cars.

They are fun to drive and I like the way they look. Thanks for posting. Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. Cool little cars. It sure begs for a 5.0 fuel injected motor. That and a 6 speed trans. Beef up the suspension - lower it a tad with some cool tires and wheels = SWEET ride.

Notice this pic and the lower trim separating the blackout...

Capri _.jpg

Ray

Back