Work Cut out for me

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code C6 tranny
The upgrades for my MACH is just about done and I am getting ready for the next one. Though a restoration is never done I'll probably continue to make changes to it in the future.

The next one is not a Mustang as I just could not pass this one up. It's located in Phoenix and needs a lot of work but I am planning to do a concurs resto on this one. So I am prepping a space for it to haul it up to WA now. I have mentioned it before but this one is a 71 Roadrunner "V" code 440-6 with a 4 speed pistol grip shifter and air grabber hood. It is a little different from the ones that you normally see as it doesn't have a stripe across the roof. I believe that there were only about 246 of these V codes cars in 71 with 137 of these 4 speeds being made and not many with bench seats. This car was a Canada export and it seems that only 554 were made there. It will be here in June and then the fun begins.

100_0131.JPG

100_0138.JPG

100_0137.JPG

100_0142.JPG

100_0145.JPG

Hi There,

How do you find it getting Mopar parts over there in the States for your road runner? Would it be hard to find parts for '70-'72 Challengers or Cudas to do resto work on them? (all kinds of parts)

Greg.:)
I have just started researching parts. I found a lot of the interior pieces but not much else. I'll shoot you the sites as I find them. Luckily for me the sheet metal is good, it's just the sun rotted items in the interior that will need to be fixed. What are you looking for in case I run into it while I am doing research.

Hi There,

How do you find it getting Mopar parts over there in the States for your road runner? Would it be hard to find parts for '70-'72 Challengers or Cudas to do resto work on them? (all kinds of parts)

I have just started researching parts. I found a lot of the interior pieces but not much else. I'll shoot you the sites as I find them. Luckily for me the sheet metal is good, it's just the sun rotted items in the interior that will need to be fixed. What are you looking for in case I run into it while I am doing research.
jbojo,

many thanks for your kind offer on parts help and feedback for myself, but when i just asked you about part availability, i was seeking advice here in a loose, general sense. I don't own one or plan to in the future, but was just curious in general.

Cheers,

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I dont know if you're a Christian *(yes please ban me I dont care...not you jbo) but if you ARE thank GAWD that you found it and bought it before I found out about it.!!! :D :D :D :D
LOL, me too. And I got it for a steal :) What do you think its worth in that condition?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are picking it up you will have to stop by and check out our Mach. If you need anything help here let us know. I would offer a storage spot but we are pretty full

Looks like Auto Metal Direct has quite a selection of parts if you need them

http://www.autometaldirect.com/body-components-c-23.html

Last edited by a moderator:
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I dont know if you're a Christian *(yes please ban me I dont care...not you jbo) but if you ARE thank GAWD that you found it and bought it before I found out about it.!!! :D :D :D :D
LOL, me too. And I got it for a steal :) What do you think its worth in that condition?
hmmm my logic says 8000 however my WANT says 12500

I'm a big MOPAR fan!

Last year I had the pleasure of shaking down a couple of them

for a collector friend.

2r2uf74.jpg

vy00f6.jpg

Yeah, keep us posted on the progress. That's a cool car.

I live in Phoenix (as you know). Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the move. (Take pictures or whatever)

I will have to go check one day. I think one is within a mile of me. He owned a body shop and at one time he and his brother bought superbirds, one a 440 and the other a hemi. The 440 would outrun the hemi in 1/4 or top end. They sold both of them but one of their wives had one like in your pictures. When she died unexpectedly he left if parked where she last drove it under shelter and it has sat there for at least 25 or 30 years. He would not sell for anything. He is in his 70's.

It might be newer but I think body style about the same.

You are lucky about the rust. If you thought it was tough doing a 71 - 73 mustang because of rust these must have been dipped in salt before delivery. Not many left that you can restore and not have more than they are worth in them for sure.

David

Back