Annual madness in DC

vamach1

No - not getting a budget passed in Congress. It's the time of year a zillion tourists come out to see my sprint or the cherry blossoms - I'm not sure which.

785857014_sprint2011blossoms002.thumb.jpg.a3f5f6351c6176a585a5de94897beeec.jpg

Vamach1 - 72 Sprint conv & 72 Mach1

Did you do the Cherry Blossom Parade in DC this year?

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Must be the Sprint, who cares about cherry blossoms? :D

Actually I never had anybody bow before my car! (Left of pic!!) Priceless!

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Must be the Sprint, who cares about cherry blossoms? :D

Actually I never had anybody bow before my car! (Left of pic!!) Priceless!

I've had someone bow before my car - and that's a true story! I got the car Australian registered in January last year and on one of the very first drives around town a stocky guy with a ponytail about twenty years old stopped dead on the side-walk, knelt down on one knee and gave three big "I'm not worthy" bows facing my car as I passed him. He put so much exaggerated effort into the bows that I swear his face was touching the ground - I gave him the thumbs-up and couldn't stop laughing about it for the rest of the drive. :D

Mines a Sprint too underneath all that yellow, so I'm starting to see a common bowing theme happening here, and as the power goes slowly to my head then soon I will expect to be worshipped by my fellow 7173 peers here also...... :udaman:

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

Yes - do the parade every year (since 2004 with the sprint). Here is me and Ms. Vermont 1972 last year.

1982166466_cbparade2010025vt8.thumb.jpg.db4767f4715810b64a362fe5b94cd85b.jpg

Didn't go this year, and been awhile since gone in town. Youst to ride bikes on the tow path when younger. VA. we are close and hope to meet up with you at a show.

Alan L

1_30_09_13_10_12_32.png

Alan L

Yes - do the parade every year (since 2004 with the sprint). Here is me and Ms. Vermont 1972 last year.

Just curious, when my car was young back in the 70's I used it in a few parades and let the people put their feet on the back seat and sit on the narrow edge on the top of the back seat. With the original upholstery aging I would be concerned about peopling standing on the seat and ripping out the seams. Do you take any precautions, like take the rear seat out or any other protection?

20180127_082009.jpg

Just curious, when my car was young back in the 70's I used it in a few parades and let the people put their feet on the back seat and sit on the narrow edge on the top of the back seat. With the original upholstery aging I would be concerned about peopling standing on the seat and ripping out the seams. Do you take any precautions, like take the rear seat out or any other protection?

I just throw a blanket on the seat and the ladies take off their high heels. Then later that evening .......... LOL

Seriously I have never had a problem but I am careful since my car has the original seat material which cannot not be bought anywhere. The seat covers TMI has are sort a cross between the convertible and fastback/coupe material.

1580123460_dcphoto078.thumb.jpg.2733793476b06272e47a0f2e24b4faa7.jpg

Blanket and no high heels sounds like your off to a good start :blush:

20180127_082009.jpg