Dash Pad Cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine form CJ's back in 2005. It was made by Dashes Direct. The look of the dash matched my original one very closely; the only difference I noticed is that the grain stood out more than my original, but that was probably because the old dash had developed a patina over the years. Mine still looks great after 6 years.

Sorry no close-up pics, but here are a couple:

DSCF9284.jpg

DSCF9260.jpg

DSCF8181.jpg

DSCF9264.jpg

I bought mine form CJ's back in 2005. It was made by Dashes Direct. The look of the dash matched my original one very closely; the only difference I noticed is that the grain stood out more than my original, but that was probably because the old dash had developed a patina over the years. Mine still looks great after 6 years.
Wow Mike, that's about the cleanest dash I've ever seen!

Good looking car! Is that the Pillsbury Dough Boy in the front seat?
Thanks, but the dash board (not pad) does have some imperfections up close but does look good a few feet away!

That's the Pillsbury Dough Boy, he matches the car and covers up the ripped stitching in the original upholstery driver's seat at car shows :rolleyes:

DSCF9265.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the Pillsbury Dough Boy, he matches the car and covers up the ripped stitching in the original upholstery driver's seat at car shows

Which section, upper or lower is split ?

I have a couple of 73 black deluxe convertible seats

Don

Sure looks better than what I have !
New complete pad is 120.00

Item #DP71-BLK

71-73 DASH PAD, BLACK

Dashes Direct brand reproduction dash pad. Black. Price: $119.95

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
x2 on that!... great job and great car :p

As the dash pad cover you are wondering, if it is what this vert has, it looks great...

I tryed on another mustang 1970, the plastic cover that NPD sales to "repair" cracked ones... In the 1970 and in NPD it is suitable because the real dash pad costs over 500 dollars and this plastic cover costs like 80...

The results are 40% i would say... it is better than a broken dash pad and in the pictures it looks good... If you look it closely it doesn´t fit in all corners and in the down side of the dash pad, besides, it is hard to the hand...

Bottom line... i´m needing a dash pad like you and i´m waiting to afford what this white vert has... never again buy the plastic cover...

Which section, upper or lower is split ?

I have a couple of 73 black deluxe convertible seats

Don

New complete pad is 120.00

Item #DP71-BLK

71-73 DASH PAD, BLACK

Dashes Direct brand reproduction dash pad. Black. Price: $119.95

Don
Don, It's the bottom part of the seat, the stitches the vinyl part of the seat has ripped from the comfort weave for about a three inch section. The upholstery shop that did my top said it could not be repaired. Then there's a hole in the bottom too from year's ago; the old screwdriver in the back pocket trick! Are yours new or used and how much are you asking?

Looks like you have a great price on the Dashes Direct Dash Pad, I paid about $146.00 for mine back in 2005!

I see that CJ offers a dash pad cover, has anyone tried one? if so, were you happy with looks, fit ?
Don

After seeing Mike's last post. His dash looks nice because it is not a cover.

The covers I have seen do not fit well. I won't even stock them.

"Looks like you have a great price on the Dashes Direct Dash Pad, I paid about $146.00 for mine back in 2005!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony"

Mike, the dash prices actually came down about a year ago due to competition from India, although the India dashes are BAD

I'll see if i have a good seat bottom for you

Don

i used one of the dash pad covers , installed way instruction said only glue in middle to allow it to expand and contract ,,, within month was melting and wrinkled , returned it now 2 years later got crack down middle ,,, dont recommend them to anybody .....

mine is a cover, looks great, painted it, siliconed it on, people do not believe it is a cover. I 'll try a find a picture. it came from NPD

i used one of the dash pad covers , installed way instruction said only glue in middle to allow it to expand and contract ,,, within month was melting and wrinkled , returned it now 2 years later got crack down middle ,,, dont recommend them to anybody .....

Ill have to take a picture of mine....i got a leather dash in mine....Some one put it in before i got it..It looks real sharp thou...Like some one from bently did the dash in my car at the factory...Looks real nice.

I have one. It gets the job done and as long as your not laying on your back looking up, you really can't see any difference from a real one.

The only issue I have is that I did not get a good seal right in the front center, closest to hood and when it sits in the heat, when it's real hot, like over 90, it pulls up like 3/8-1/2". When air flow gets going it cools and settles back down.

That bugs the crap out of me, but not enough to buy a new dash and replace it.

Maybe one day.

If you get one, make sure to get a decent amount of adhesive on the leading edge.

Back