The unbuyable 69 stang.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
This old girl has been sitting in the same spot " rolled back and forth a few times" sense i was a small child.. I remember my dad pointing it out too me when i was so young i had to stand in the seat too see it..lol...Lady is a stern gal, and i heard sooo many stories " but i will keep to what i know, not myth" I decided in my late 20's to finally ask what the deal on this car was.. all i know it has a stock shaker and square exhaust tips , 4 speed.. she said it was a stock big block " She was not sure on which one " I asked if it was for sale, she said some crazy high price at the time, and i said..awww that is why it sits.. and i could tell, even if you come up with the money she wanted, i bet she still would not get rid of the car. Not till she passes on will this car ever leave home...She keeps it full of stuff. and people bug her daily about it still " new people in area that don't know better" hehe..It is her car thou, to do with as she pleases.

I hope some day it finds a good home, wild classic paint job on it..lol.. been sitting from what my dad told me, sense Vietnam in the same spot..Sometimes they push it up father in the drive way. Shame it sits thou. one of them local cars that you cannot buy. ;)

P2240069.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand it is just 'a thing'. Some metal, glass and plastic that some folks put together. On the other hand it is a bit of history. A proud example of Mustang history. I hope some day it will be rescued and brought back to life. Either as it was or as a dream someone has. It obviously has a special place in her heart. I hope the next owner feels the same.

cool car. I'm dealing with a lady like that now and have been for the past 7 years. good thing is only a few people know about the car because its not in plain view. I bet that lady keeps that parked in her driveway just so people will stop and ask about it.

Good to know it moves about at times. Gives it a better chance against floorpan and torque box rust.

Wouldn't want to see that period custom paint job get any worse though. It deserves preservation as-is.

-Kurt

Yup, she is the type of lady that likes to get peoples goat!! She loves to pissed off her local city in every way possible, cause she refuses to upkeep her lawn and she lives in the middle of town, i been told she pays a fine rather than keep it up..hehe..And she has never grown a spot of grass in her lawn in 35 years i seen..lol..But she does grow some odd tree's and such in pots.

I think she keeps the car out there, just so she can tell people they will never own it ;) hehe She told me, it was a car she got for her son, and she took it away from him, and now he successfull and she never gave back the car,,,I heard all sorts of stories from guy died in nam, Or was in jail, too people who say they know everything about it... Over the years i decided to believe what she told me originaly, and plus she keeps the car just to tick people off..i think she gets a kinda kick out of it..lol ..She did not make me mad, but i had to ask about it. and she has every right to treat the car how she wants.. but she pushing the clock now, gots to be in her 70's-80 now. i just hope it goes to a good home some day.

My Dad told me he rememberd the car well rolling around 69-70ish and was one of the hottest mustangs around town at the time " My dad owned a Shelby GT350 at the time" So he said he kept a eye on alot of mustangs at that time..Then it was parked there and never moved again..lol

Good to know it moves about at times. Gives it a better chance against floorpan and torque box rust.

Wouldn't want to see that period custom paint job get any worse though. It deserves preservation as-is.

-Kurt
Only good thing, it is here in the tri cities " also known as the Dry cities" lol This is a good place to store classic cars, trains, and such. but such a classic paint job does need to be saved..i hope in time.

Digging the paint. Love the orange around the window. I would like to see that 1 for real.
Ya, it has a neat paint job, and not a cheap one from what i can see..ill try to get a front end picture next time im in town.

And finding a buyer for this car is easy!! Buying it from the gal is another story ;)

I know of a guy who has 3 GT 500s and a 70 428 4 speed Cougar Eliminator in his yard. I check on them twice a year for the past 20 + years and nothing ever moves. The 68 GT 500 KR sits in plan site in the drive way and is no secret to the local gear heads.:dodgy:

I am one of those crazy old guys also but we are everywhere.

I need to go get pics of some of them here but might get shot also, lol. There is a 1968 Mustang with 428 cj that was crashed in front in 68 and been sitting ever since in a building.

There are two really big ones in South Carolina. One old man has 7 or 8 Shelby convertibles in barns and sheds. You can see when passing but he will not sell. The story is they are willed to a county worker who will sell I am sure.

The last one that was truly off his rocker was a millionaire that lost a bundle in the 2008 fall. A friend of mine does high end restorations and builds drag cars also was hired by him. He has a huge building that he put two down draft paint booths in and hired my friend and another guy to just do his cars. He has two R model 65 Shelby's, 427 cobras, boss cars and several other Shelby's. When the crash came he put all the cars in one corner of the building and let the two guys go and rents the building for warehouse. All those 6 figure cars just sitting there.

I will see if I can get permission to go visit the two with all the cars to take pictures so we can all make wishes.

I know of a guy who has 3 GT 500s and a 70 428 4 speed Cougar Eliminator in his yard. I check on them twice a year for the past 20 + years and nothing ever moves. The 68 GT 500 KR sits in plan site in the drive way and is no secret to the local gear heads.:dodgy:
same thing here about this car, but i still stop in and look at it and dream :)..lol

I am one of those crazy old guys also but we are everywhere.

I need to go get pics of some of them here but might get shot also, lol. There is a 1968 Mustang with 428 cj that was crashed in front in 68 and been sitting ever since in a building.

There are two really big ones in South Carolina. One old man has 7 or 8 Shelby convertibles in barns and sheds. You can see when passing but he will not sell. The story is they are willed to a county worker who will sell I am sure.

The last one that was truly off his rocker was a millionaire that lost a bundle in the 2008 fall. A friend of mine does high end restorations and builds drag cars also was hired by him. He has a huge building that he put two down draft paint booths in and hired my friend and another guy to just do his cars. He has two R model 65 Shelby's, 427 cobras, boss cars and several other Shelby's. When the crash came he put all the cars in one corner of the building and let the two guys go and rents the building for warehouse. All those 6 figure cars just sitting there.

I will see if I can get permission to go visit the two with all the cars to take pictures so we can all make wishes.
Always some of these rare ones in every town, one person gots something and not till they pass on, will you ever find out what all they really had..lol I know where a poor steve mqueen green factory fast back gt with a 390 all original with a 4 speed,, mint books about 90,000 when i last looked it up..This one in fair condish...Worth a good 30,000 i bet," not nothing eye boogling in price" He is ripping out the 4 speed.. he is cutting in holes and putting scoops in the side like a 1969 mach 1, he is cutting out the front grill and cutting the shock towers out...says he wants to get to the cam better..for what ever reason...we begged him not too and just to sell it and get a ratty 69 to do this with...Nope..his car..shame..it will take a lot of money to ever get the car back again. Has orignal rim's..had orginal green paint with the gt stripe on the bottom of the doors and everything..Unmolested till this guy got his hands on it some how..but!! it is his stuff, even if he wants to burn it down to the ground...He has that right...But ..we had to try ;)

I need to go get pics of some of them here but might get shot also, lol.
I've approached these "don't get near my car" folks before. There is an odd little psychological quirk that I've noticed with them:

If they think you're just another guy who wants to buy their car, they'll immediately get on the defensive about seeing the car, pictures, or anything else.

However, if you approach the same person by telling them that you "...have no interest in buying it, have too many in your collection already," and that your interest in it is purely for artful automotive photography - they'll spend the next two hours trying to sell you the car.

-Kurt

Seems I know of the same guy! We should get together soon, I moved down close to Chulajuana, but no biggy!

I need to go get pics of some of them here but might get shot also, lol.
I've approached these "don't get near my car" folks before. There is an odd little psychological quirk that I've noticed with them:

If they think you're just another guy who wants to buy their car, they'll immediately get on the defensive about seeing the car, pictures, or anything else.

However, if you approach the same person by telling them that you "...have no interest in buying it, have too many in your collection already," and that your interest in it is purely for artful automotive photography - they'll spend the next two hours trying to sell you the car.

-Kurt
I get a little defensive too when people come up right away and say...how much for the car? You want to sell? I never start out a conversation with a stranger about his car like that, Normaly i get it in my head that the car is NOT for sale...If it is a car from my past or just pretty. ill tell the owner that, and that i just wanted to check it out ...and if they pop up with information or if i get comfy enough with his or her personality....I will ask if they thought about selling it any time? Even the car above, i told the gal i just had too stop in and talk about the car for a min, i seen it for so many years. she told me that people come in and offered 50,000 and she turned them down " how true it is im not sure" But that was 20 years ago, and saying a number like that was crazy back then..hehe

But ya, i'm with ya there.. Some of these people get tired of dealing with jerks and weird people who think you should sell the car now, just cause they showed up on your door, i had a few people show up after my car, that are lucky they did not leave with a black eye..lol

Every time i uncover my car or move it around, i will have some one pop in on it and ask, some of them down right rude. One day i was tring to leave my house, and strange guy popped in with a neck brace on, first thing he said, is how much for the car? And not even in a nice way... I said it is not for sale... and he says shit, it will just rott and i dout it even runs " at the time it ran just fine" I said lisin here.. it is not for sale and it will rott before i let you own it.. he tried to switch topics and said..well what motor does it have? I said it does not matter what motor it has and you better leave.. He ran off too his truck and took off down the road all pissed off..lol.." even better" about a week later, i started it up and moved it up too my dads shop for a while... i looked out the window and i seen him and his truck sitting out on the road..looking all over my property for my car!! and then him peeling off down the road all ticked off...He probably thought i sold it!! lmao!! ;) some people thou...i see why he had a neck brace on..lol

Back