Motor die off during left turn

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbernjero

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1973
Hello,

I`ve got a strange issue with my motor.

If I`m driveing in a rotary traffic or do a sharp left turn with my 302,the motor die off prompt.

When I full stopped the car at a crossroad and turn left slowly,no problems.

It`s only at left turn ! :huh:

So I think about centrifugal forces ?

Got a 302 ,Edelbrock 500,Edelbrock Performer Manilold,Pertronix Ign.

Looking forward for answers.

Thanks

Claus

I would check the float levels on the carb.

I did have a similar problem that wasn't the float. Mine would die as well, usually turning left. The wires to the distributor have a connector and I had strung it under my fuel rail making it just tight enough that when I would get on it a little the engine would twist just enough to pull the connector apart. You might take a look to see if you have any loose wires or such in your ignition. I do not know much about the Pertronix system. I know it replaces part of the points. Make sure any part that needs to be isolated from 'ground' is remaining isolated.

If you can raise the left side of your car enough to make it die, it might help when you troubleshoot it. If you're still getting spark it would be a fuel delivery problem. I agree with will e, I'd start with the float level.

Besides what's already mentioned it could be a fuel pump issue, start with the easy things first, could be a loose wire or bad connection.

Jim

OK,thanks for answers.

I`ll check the wires and float level at first.

Good idea to raise the car on left side to see what happens,Don !

I`ll tell you if I locate anything.

Thanks a lot. :)

Claus

Back